Evening eating

Options
Summerlove1993
Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
I love summer. I live for summer. I love my freedom.

But, if I had this freedom year-round, I wouldn't be able to fit through the front door.

Yes, stress really does affect my eating. Yes, celebrations do as well. But, what affects me most of all is lack of structure.

During the school year, I only eat what I bring to school. I plan carefully and only pack healthy choices. So, in the evenings, when I have a little time to relax, there isn't enough time for me to get into much trouble. My leftover calories are sufficient to get me through the evening.

In the summer, I get my chores done early in the day. My afternoons are for fun or facilitating some recreational activity for my daughter and her friends. My evenings are now wide open. I watch tv, go on the computer, or read. I stay up much later than I do during the school year.

My kitchen beckons me. I just want to snack all night.

How do I keep my mouth out of trouble?

Replies

• katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It does always seem to be our mouths that cause us the most trouble, huh?! LOL! Night munchies aren't a big issue for me (not that I haven't splurged before) but rather because it is easier for me to go to bed if my stomach is growling...(our tv is in our room, I read my kindle in bed, or just go to sleep!)

My snacking tends to hinge around sitting and visiting (huge carryover from growing up - sit around the table with coffee and cookies and visit) so I have been working at not having lots of sweets sitting around to call my name. Having pretzels or low-cal popcorn or frozen blueberries available gives my hands something to do (stuff my mouth) and I don't end up feeling sluggish or hating on myself for blowing my calorie limits.

I've really been working on the whole concept that visiting with friends or family doesn't have to center around food...and it's a tough one. This is only a suggestion, but maybe have one treat that fits within your calorie limits each evening...and if you want to munch more - it is something that doesn't blow the calories (but perhaps isn't quite as tasty).... Hang in there - you'll figure out a way to beat this! :)