Starting W1D1 today...anybody else want to join?

Options
cobylea
cobylea Posts: 194 Member
I'm starting W1D1 today (after quitting in week 5 a few months ago and feeling horrible about it) is there anybody that is a "newbie" and ready to do this together? Any motivation that we can give each other will just be that extra boost that we all need to complete the prgram :)

Replies

• sam2674
    sam2674 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting W2D2 tomorrow..I need all the motivation I can get. I just can't seem to get myself up in the mornings to run.
  • cobylea
    Options
    I'll be starting W2D2 tomorrow..I need all the motivation I can get. I just can't seem to get myself up in the mornings to run.

I have the same problem :ohwell: Before I ended up running after work and dinner. I'm running this evening but I think I'm gonna set my alarm and get up at o'dark early from now on and just get it over and done with.

Then I guess it's good way to kick start my metabolism for the day :)

Good luck to you! How are you finding it?
  • sam2674
    sam2674 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm actually finding it to be pretty easy, but I'm just starting out. I probably won't be saying it's easy when I have to run 3 minutes at a time.:noway:
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Friday July 13 is my third day of week 1.
    I just got a heart rate monitor yesterday afternoon and tomorrow will be the first day using it while doing the c25k app.
    My wife leaves for work at 5:30am so that's when I start my walk/run. Nice and quiet outside, and especially for these muggy summer days the early morning temps are better than later in the day. Helps get the rest of my day off to a good start.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It is much easier if you have an accountability partner, whether it's a running buddy or MFP pal. I had both. On days that I didn't want to get out of bed and tried to make up any and every possible excuse, I knew I had to post my progress for the day to MFP. My other C25K friends were waiting on my update daily. I was 1-2 days ahead of most of them, so I wanted to give them advice and show them it was possible. I didn't want to let anyone down. It really helped out immensely.
  • cobylea
    Options
    well I did it...I started. Last night I did W1D1 and boy it was tough...so so hot outside but I still finished. I'll be doing W1D2 on Saturday...and yes I think I will be doing morning runs from now on.

I also have the Nike+ app and the chip for my shoe and really like it. Especially when it tells me my distance, calories burned and average pace (hoping to work on that)
  • cobylea
    Options
    I'm actually finding it to be pretty easy, but I'm just starting out. I probably won't be saying it's easy when I have to run 3 minutes at a time.:noway:

Good luck on week 3...let me know how you do!!
  • cobylea
    Options
    It is much easier if you have an accountability partner, whether it's a running buddy or MFP pal. I had both. On days that I didn't want to get out of bed and tried to make up any and every possible excuse, I knew I had to post my progress for the day to MFP. My other C25K friends were waiting on my update daily. I was 1-2 days ahead of most of them, so I wanted to give them advice and show them it was possible. I didn't want to let anyone down. It really helped out immensely.

I see in your pic that you're wearing Vibrams. How do you find them for running? Which ones would you recommend? I've been wanting to get a pair and try them out. I currently wear the Nike Free barefoot shoes and really like them. I've heard that the Bikila is good for running also.
  • sherrielynned1
    sherrielynned1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd be game to start although I will be several days behind you. Fell off the workout bandwagon and need to get back on again.:blushing:
  • sherrielynned1
    Options
    Do youuse the zen labs app?
  • cobylea
    Options
    Do youuse the zen labs app?

No I use the Get Running app. You won't be much further behind, I'm only on W1D2 tomorrow. Hop on the wagon!
  • MissMertz
    MissMertz Posts: 22
    Options
    I JUST found out about the couch to 5k a couple of weeks ago.. and I'm trying to get started with it.. but where do I go to get it??
  • cobylea
    Options
    I downloaded the app on my iPod. Any smart phone will have an app just search couch to 5k. There are also podcasts for it that you can download but you have to listen to their music which I don't like. If you purchase the app you can incorporate your own music.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm using active.com's program and I really like it so far.
  • sherrielynned1
    Options
    Just did W1 D1. 35 degrees out and could not do last run. Holy cow is it ever hot!
  • smalls_kisha
    smalls_kisha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Would love to W1D1- Will post accomplishments tmrw
  • suprencia
    suprencia Posts: 2
    Options
    Doing w1d2 tomorrow, not so bad now but dreading it later on
    Good luck everyone and add me so we can motivate each other
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Did W1D1 today....am going to repeat it on Wed and Fri as well.

I've decided that the first 2 weeks, I am going to do each day for a week, because my stamina just is not building up like it should!
  • cobylea
    Options
    Heading out to do W1D3! My legs and hips are super sore :noway: Hopefully they get better the more I jog. I'm pretty sure i don't have the proper running form. Apparently you're supposed to push off from the balls of your feet instead of your heels? I tried doing that my last day and it was way too awkward.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Starting w1d1 Wednesday I'm sick so had to push it back from today, then back to Monday we'd fri. So I'll join you!