Metabolism Reset?

Options
cmje94066
cmje94066 Posts: 24 Member
What is a metabolism reset and why are people doing it and what does it consist of?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Many people who have been dieting for a long time of period usually have been on low calorie diets.
    If you go too low, you will shut down your metabolism. This is why so many are hitting a wall and can't lose any more weight even though they are on 1200 cals and are working out like there is no tomorrow.
    Reset means, that you eat at your maintenance calorie level for 8 weeks, so your body knows, that you will feed it. If you go on your cut of TDEE-10% you will be losing again.
    So it's basically a metabolism repair.
  • cmje94066
    cmje94066 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OH I SEE! Thanks for the insight!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Does everyone NEED to do the reset? Or is this mainly for people who have been eating at low levels, such as 1200 cals?
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Does everyone NEED to do the reset? Or is this mainly for people who have been eating at low levels, such as 1200 cals?

I don't think eating at TDEE is ever a bad thing, and would probably be recommended for those who are either stalling at their current calorie level or cant remember the last time they ate at maintenance. It has always been a great experience for me. However, its definitely not "required". Its just highly recommended for those who are coming from a long history of VLCD.

Mentally, I think a reset can be very healing for so many people.