Up calories all at once?

Telugammayi87
Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
People keep telling me "up your calories slowly!"

Right or wrong? Why? I went from 1200-1600 monday before starting EM2WL.... Today I bumped the 1600 up to my recommended 1960.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member

Right or wrong? Why? I went from 1200-1600 monday before starting EM2WL.... Today I bumped the 1600 up to my recommended 1960.

Depends on the person. Some really struggle to jump right to their TDEE or their Cut. others have no troubles..

I wish I just went for it. I did 6 weeks at Cut and I wished I had jumped straight to tdee
  • Telugammayi87
    They're telling me that I"ll gain too much by just jumping that high.... I"m just going to do it I think though.... I'll be healthier, even if I do gain some. Plus I should be able to get back to a normal workout routine by next week. Thanks!

Depends on the person. Some really struggle to jump right to their TDEE or their Cut. others have no troubles..

I wish I just went for it. I did 6 weeks at Cut and I wished I had jumped straight to tdee
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    upping slowly has more of a mental benefit, but ultimately it seems that in hindsight, people wish they had just jumped in. I made 2 moves: first i increased to my BMR and held there for 2 weeks, happy and satisfied that i didnt gain with the increase. After that i went to my TDEE cut (did not reset) played around a little and eventually found my "sweet spot"

good luck, listen to your *shrinking* gut LOL
  • Telugammayi87
    Haha! Yeah I"m going to experiment.. I really don't KNOW if I can eat this much in 1 day right now! I've been stuffed the past few days after 1600 calories!
    Thank you :)

upping slowly has more of a mental benefit, but ultimately it seems that in hindsight, people wish they had just jumped in. I made 2 moves: first i increased to my BMR and held there for 2 weeks, happy and satisfied that i didnt gain with the increase. After that i went to my TDEE cut (did not reset) played around a little and eventually found my "sweet spot"

good luck, listen to your *shrinking* gut LOL