Go home cos I'm not good at going hard?

ok... I admit it's totm so this might be a reason I'm feeling a bit blue right now but need advice of if I should just give up n call it quits with trying to better my annoyingly stubborn body...

I'm 5.2'
My weight is 124 approx ( not weighed in for a bit cos it wasn't shifting)
My weight is static ish although I fluctuate 1-3lb normally up (n down) which I guess is water
(I feel I need to say I DO totally appreciate how lucky I am to be close to goal.
I really appreciate that to people with alot to lose this might sound trivial but I guess we are all trying to find places we are comfortable with our bodies and I'm just not there now.)

Workout schedule is five days a week I generally walk for approx 45 min-1 hour in lots of short fast bursts to get between visits n tube station and then play Netball 1/7 and 2-3 gym classes ( circuit/ step/ pump) in addition.

My TDEE at moderate is 2060
Cut 10% 1850 15% 1750

my goal weight is 119-120 so REALLY not much to go but I'm short n not fine boned so the extra bits make me look n feel stocky and at 33 I feel like I want to finally feel proud of my body.
Been dieting ( not vlc and not good at sticking to it) my whole life trying to lose these few lbs... Been trying at em2wl for couple of months or so now. Really believe in the programme but...
I'm completely failing to maintain my deficit for weeks at a time... I can go maybe 2-3 days on cut then I go over by approx 2-500
which basically negates any earlier deficit I've made. I feel like my body hates any kind of deficit/ I'm just a piglet!

I eat clean most of time but my bf always buys 'treats' so even if I try to ignore/hide them I do succumb then get mad at myself.

My question is should I just give up trying to change my body? Even with an amazing programme like em2wl I'm still not seeing any change and continue to feel dim for not having the guts/ will power to go hard n stick to it!

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    never give up!

my first thought was "wowsa, thats a lot of cardio and where is the strength training?" mixing up your routine could help

edited to say: every time i see your profile pic on this board i imagine those roses are made of bacon. i CLEARLY have a problem.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Try changing your fitness routine. I just finished reading "Escape Your Shape" where he talks about doing the right TYPE of exercise for your body type. He talked about how when you are obese, it is easy to lose weight with a little cardio, but when you have those few stubborn pounds and you are consistently dieting and working out to no avail, that it's because you are doing the wrong types of toning and strength exercises.

Check out:
    http://www.exude.com/shapes.html

I hope that helps. :smile:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    If you're not doing strength training/heavy weights you should really consider doing so. You might not lose more weight but you will definitely get a body you will be proud of.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Agree with all the recommendations above about strength training.

Also, if you've not taken a diet break in the last 12 weeks (or ever), it may be a good idea to do so. Basically, you just eat TDEE for 1-2 weeks. I'd recommend 2 weeks if you've not taken one for a while (or ever).

You are so close to your goal weight it might be a good thing to focus on building muscle right now which will help you to burn fat more efficiently A couple books I'd recommend...

New Rules of Lifting for Women
    Female Body Breakthrough (Rachel Cosgrove)
    Smarter Science of Slim
    Lean and Hard
    Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle

Hang in there and do not give up! You will get there!
  • Thanks guys v much appreciated.

Decided to take a diet break at TDEE til my fitbit arrives next week.. Looking forward to really knowing my burn in everyday life.

still pondering on what else to do...
    Weights i think are a definite I need to prioritise
    .... But to cut or not is the big scary question. Choosing not to cut/diet/ try & lose terrifies me; but continuing to fail at cutting over & over makes me feel so rubbish it's soul destroying.