Week 5!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I finished W5D1 this morning..........and felt AWESOME!! Was it really less than two months ago I could barely jog for a minute?! Now I'm jogging 5 minute stretches and it feels almost effortless! Love, love, love, love this program. :heart:

I am going to have a slightly altered schedule this week. Rather than my normal M,W,F I will be doing S,T,Th...........then I won't be able to start week 6 until the following Monday. Should give me ample time to recover from that 20 minute run if needed.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I found W5D2 harder than W5D3...it's weird because W5D3 builds up in your mind...but once you've DONE it, well, you feel invincible!
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah, did W5D3 yesterday, had been dreading it a little, but after completion... queue the Rocky music!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 5 tomorrow morning.
  • miannie
    miannie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found W5D2 harder than W5D3...it's weird because W5D3 builds up in your mind...but once you've DONE it, well, you feel invincible!
    I completely agree! I sailed through D3 on Saturday and it was wonderful. It's all about good music and staying out of your head!
  • MsBrdlv
    Options
    Just completed W5D2. Felt so great to jog for 8 minutes straight! I even jogged for an extra 30-60 seconds at the end of the second 8 minute stretch before I started my cool down.

I will be doing W5D3 on Thursday.......I am a mix of excitement and nerves about this one........
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @MrsBrdlv - You can do it. Go a little slower than usual (I dropped back a full minute per mile) and breath deep and even. You will be so elated when you finish. Good luck!
  • MsBrdlv
    Options
    @keithgi - Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. I created a new playlist with some really upbeat songs to help keep me pumped. My plan is to go a bit slower than usual. The speed can come later, it's the endurance I want right now!
  • akavogue
    Options
    I completed Week 5 Day 2 today. I was anxious about Day 2. I am TERRIFIED of Day 3. I need a whole lot of words of encouragement and a lot of support.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i'm doing W4D3 tomorrow. start week 5 on friday. woo hoo! of course, it's been taking me about twice the recommended time to get thru each week, so i'm probably still about 8 weeks from actually being able to run 5k. but i'm working at it, and know i'll get there eventually!
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I did W5D1 yesterday and will probably repeat it again tonight to try and improve my pace before tackling day 2.
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5 day 2 and I felt great!! It is so amazing to me that last week I had difficultly running for 3 and thrn 5 min straight and this week I could run 8 min straight! I'm very very scared for day 3 this week. I'm going away this weekend so I have to do it tomorrow which will be my third run in a row this week. It is probably not the best timing but it is what it is! Anyone out there doing C25K feel free to add me! I'd love the motivation and support!
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Done with Week 5 Day 3!! I paused the treadmill 3 times for about 30 seconds each during the 20 minutes because I kept cramping but other than that I did it!! This is the third day in a row that I ran which isn't ideal but due to scheduling its what I had to do. I think my pace could have definitely been faster if I didn't run Yesterday and Monday too! Feeling Good!!
  • mumi
    mumi Posts: 24
    Options
    I goin to start week 5 tomorrow after not running for 4 days due to a very painful hip:( I am so sad I lost so many days but I needed to recover so that I didn't make it worse!! I am excited and nervous...Great job everyone for completing run 3!!