Just starting out

Options
I'm female, Asian, 153cm and 44.5 kgs. I am petite and no, I am not skinny fat. I have fat around my arms, a lower belly pooch and a larger lower body. I put on weight very easily because of my frame and eat about 1100-1200 calories a day! I've been so afraid to up my calories due to how quickly I've seen my body gain weight due to food intake.

I'm however pretty interested in this 'eat more to weigh less' thing. I've calculated my TDEE and BMR and subtracted 20% from my TDEE. According to those numbers, I have to eat about 1350 calories a day? (is that correct?)

I burn about 350 calories in my cardio workouts, do I log them into MFP? If I burn 350 cals, I still eat 1350 cals, am I right?

However though, if I eat more, do my workouts have to be more intense? And 1350 cals means 1350 cals full of good, healthy and clean foods?

Sorry...I just need to ask some questions before starting out!
-feel free to add me up yea :)

Replies

• isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    bump
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I've plugged your numbers into Scooby (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) and came up with the following:

BMR 1273
    TDEE 1973 (based on moderate activity 3-5hrs exercise)
    TDEE - 15% 1677
    TDEE - 20% 1578

Depending on how much weight you have to lose 20% cut is quite high and 15% is usually recommended.

How much exercise do you do per week? I've just taken the middle setting for this calculation but if you do more/less than 3 to 5 hours of exercise per week this will be different.

But based on my calculations you should eat either 1578 or 1677 depending on whether you go for 20% or 15% cut. These values do already factor your exercies so you wouldn't need to eat back your exercise calories.

I'm not an expert though so maybe one of the mods can add to this.