2 week plateau!

sgmomma
sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
Title says it all... I'm frustrated I have seen no change. Started insanity last night...cant stay at no change much longer right?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there!

Are you eating at your cut? How long has it been so far, and how many calories are you eating?
    Are you sure you got all your numbers right?
    We are more than happy to help you out if you have questions
  • mmannm5
    mmannm5 Posts: 9 Member
    Actually I'm finishing up my first month of insanity, and I have been at a plateau for almost 2 months.... just started upping my calories from around 1500 to 2000 a week ago though.

good luck! Good thing about insanity is that I'm not that frustrated with my plateau because I can see muscle growth and my endurance getting better :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Sorry you are frustrated.. Can you provide more information? As Noor said, what are your numbers? Are you eating at Cut or TDEE? Were you from a VLCD prior? How long have you been eating more? Did you just start insanity?

Any ONE change can cause a plateau, or cause your body to go "WTF???" on you.. when you have more than one change involved at the same time, then your body really goes WTF???:)
    If you can give more information then we can troubleshoot a little better:)
  • Glitter969
    Glitter969 Posts: 77 Member
    I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling frustrated. I have also been there where nothing moved for 4 weeks. But for me 2 weeks would not be a plateau. Weight loss is not a linear process, the body is just too complicated. My suggestion would be to hang in there a bit longer. This is the last thing you probably want to hear, but from my experience this "stalled feeling" is just part of the process. Good luck!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    2 weeks is generally not considered a plateau. Especially since you just started insanity. ANy time you start a new program your weight is likely to maintain or even gain for several weeks.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Well I've had the exact same weigh in for the since June 28. I only started insanity on friday (well did fitness test thursday) since I started trying to lose I've only had one other time that the scale didn't change.

I'm eating at a 20% cut 1889... I eat right at or danged close everyday. I'm hoping the change of exercise will help. Previously I've done 2 jillian michaels DVDs and completed c25k and am running 3.5 miles every other day.

ETA: I've been eating at my cut for about a month and a half
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Sounds like a lot of cardio which can sometimes cause your body to hold onto weight a bit. Could you work in some heavy lifting?
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Well I've had the exact same weigh in for the since June 28. I only started insanity on friday (well did fitness test thursday) since I started trying to lose I've only had one other time that the scale didn't change.

I'm eating at a 20% cut 1889... I eat right at or danged close everyday. I'm hoping the change of exercise will help. Previously I've done 2 jillian michaels DVDs and completed c25k and am running 3.5 miles every other day.

ETA: I've been eating at my cut for about a month and a half

If you are eating at Cut and doing all that cardio, are you making sure you Net your BMR?