new experiment

juliebeannn
juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
FYI:
CW:145 (@ 5'3")
TDEE: 2150 (according to fitbit avg)
cut value: 1850-1900

so, i'm sure many of you have seen me post here and there b*tching about feeling bloated and crappy since starting my cut on 7/1. after a few freak out moments and just down right feeling :explode: this week, the conclusion i've come to is that i think i might be underestimating the # of calories i'm consuming. i steadily gained a pound a week while on my reset (5.5lbs during my 6 week reset) and now on my cut, i've maintained (gained 1.5). i have a fitbit and a hrm, so know that my TDEE and activity calories are accurate, so my food is where the problem must be. i was so close to giving in and dropping my calories a little more but i know that's not the right answer.

sooooo...i've decided to try an experiment this week. i'm going to have only home-made meals for every meal next week and for most of the rest of the month (minus a few dinner plans i've already have scheduled). i have no dinner plans this week, so it'll be a perfect time to start this. i know this might not sound like a huge deal, but being on the go a lot and with my husband's different work schedule, we eat probably half our meals out during the week, and i eat out for lunch every day. i know this is horrible to some, but cooking kind of dropped off once i started going to the gym most nights. i think making all my meals from home will minimize the margin of error in calculating daily caloric intake.

i think this is a good chance to clean up my diet, all while saving a few bucks...... :smile:

wish me luck. i'll let you all know how it goes.

Replies

• emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    o good luck! And I think it is a GREAT idea! Having more control over ingredients is a great way to keep track of what makes you feel good and what doesn't! I never eat out during the week...but the weekends are just a different story for me.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    o good luck! And I think it is a GREAT idea! Having more control over ingredients is a great way to keep track of what makes you feel good and what doesn't! I never eat out during the week...but the weekends are just a different story for me.
    for me, it's the opposite. the weekends are when i have most of my home-cooked meals. haha. maybe a meal out here and there, but mostly, since i have the time, i'll cook something. haha. the eating out for lunch every day is what gets me.
  • I always make extra dinner and take that for lunch the next day!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I am pretty sure it will make a difference. The problem with food you consume outside, that you never exactly know what is in it.
    I hope you will see the results you are wishing for
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Great idea! You'll do fantastic, I just know it. Like the girl above said, you really never know for sure what is in the food while eating away from home. Good luck!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I am pretty sure it will make a difference. The problem with food you consume outside, that you never exactly know what is in it.
    I hope you will see the results you are wishing for

So this:).. If you eat out a ton I would venture a guess nothing is completely accurate, plus there is likely a TON of salt overages... Are you tracking sodium? if not, maybe time to do that too:)