Motivation!!

Options
earthsember
earthsember Posts: 435 Member
Hey all! I've noticed some down in the dumps posts recently, as we move toward the end of our second week. I'm definitely right there with you on that, I've been feeling a little more tired during the workouts, and I think maybe it's a balance between pushing myself harder and therefore having to take an extra break for a sip of water here or there, when previously I would have been able to get through the workout with only the schedule breaks (but at a lower level of intensity). I'm also not seeing "amazing results" on the scale, so it's hard to acknowledge that my body IS changing.
So, I think it's important we all get remotivated and refocused! What are some of the changes you HAVE seen in your bodies? What are some of the differences you've already noticed?

I've noticed my clothes are looser.

I'm not as ravenous all the time like I was when I first started, and this is interesting, I've noticed that where I used to weigh in the morning then later in the day (not because I expect myself to magically weigh less halfway through the day but because I have a bad habit of compulsively weighing when I walk by the scale) I would see a 2-4 pound increase in the afternoon, now it tends to increase maybe .5 or 1lb. No idea why, but it's been consistently like this the past week or so.

While I have trouble making it through the workouts without taking an extra rest or two for 2-5sec, I can actually feel the muscles in my thighs and core engaging more during the exercises. I jump higher, get in more pushups, and run faster. It is an amazing feeling.

What about you guys?

Replies

• amjenty
    amjenty Posts: 22
    Options
    First of all, I know you seem to be obsessed with the scale. Put it away. Seriously. That is the most frustrating thing ever. I was obsessed like you. I actually saw an increase of 2 lbs since I had lost 11 pounds since I started Insanity. Since I put it away I am paying more attention to what fits, how my muscles are looking and measurements.

My son was playing with my measuring tape and I need it to take my measurements- it's been 3 weeks since I began Insanity.

I see changes in my body definitely and how my clothes fit. That is my motivation. The scale is depressing. You should really put it away. If you want, you can weigh yourself but you can but do it once a week if you must, choosing the same time of day. Like mornings, no clothes, after the potty.

It takes a while to see Insanity results, especially if you have a little extra padding like me. O_o lol :))

I've learned: it's not the amount of calories burned (remember my post)
    I've learned: if you need to weigh yourself, do so at least only once a week.
    I've learned: to listen to your body, be forgiving, pay attention to your clothes, and feel those awesome muscles just itching to bust out soon!
    I've learned: how much stronger I am too.
    I've learned: last but not least, everyone's body works differently and your body is working just like it's supposed to for you.

That's just me. :)
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I personally love my scale. Not obsessed, just a tool I use to track something.
    My clothes are getting looser and they are my recent skinny pants even.
    Muscles in my legs, shoulders, arms are most definitely getting tighter, bigger and strong. I can feel under a shrinking layer around my waist some abs starting to come in...This has been years since Ive felt that :)
    Granted my weight isnt dropping but Im not gaining either but Im getting leaner and shrinking (ie building muscle)
    Im still pretty hungry all the time but ive broken my meals down to 4 or 5 smaller one instead of 3 regular ones so its not that big of a deal.
    all in all I would say if you stick with it and are true to it, you will see gains. just gotta do the work.
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    When you reach your second fit test, you will get a second burst of motivation, but it is still hard to keep pressing play. I lagged in motivation for a week or so, but pushed through it because I want to finish this, no matter what. I too am disappointed in the scale. And, because I'm on summer break, I'm not wearing the same clothes I had been wearing, so I can't say I notice a change there...and quite honestly, I'm scared to try on my work clothes for fear that I will be depressed when there is no change in how they fit... I took measurements day 0 and day 14. There were changes, although, here I am 9 days later thinking I must have measured wrong ;-) Read my Day 15 post to see my celebrations!

2 major (for me) noticed changes that motivate me:
    My sister in law asked me to help her lift something into the bed of her truck, on day13. We are both short, so it involved an overhead lift. To my surprise I hefted it right up, enough that she said, whoa! You just throw it in there then! I felt strong!

Maybe 2 days ago? I was lying on the floor trying to make myself do another push up (I think it was level 1 drills) and I had my head to the side looking at my arms in push up position... And I saw muscles! Real, nicely shaped muscles in my upper arm!! Now when not in that position, they are hidden by my flab, but the muscle is there and finding definition!
  • GirlyGirl28a
    GirlyGirl28a Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I am definetely finding some of the exercises less challenging, and I find that I am able to get a bit deeper into the stretches, how about you guys?

but ya, this week, was a little rough for sure! but, only 2 more weeks guys, and, we are onto a whole new set of workouts!!! (well actually, after 2 more weeks of this, we get a week off! woo hoo! haha)

and I find Shaun T pretty motivating, compared to like that Tony Horton guy from the 10 minute trainer, and some others. His motivation comments during the videos actually seem to help! anyways ! good luck guys and keep pushing!!! we are going to get through this.
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I am definetely finding some of the exercises less challenging, and I find that I am able to get a bit deeper into the stretches, how about you guys?

Yes This!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options

but ya, this week, was a little rough for sure! but, only 2 more weeks guys, and, we are onto a whole new set of workouts!!! (well actually, after 2 more weeks of this, we get a week off! woo hoo! haha)

and I find Shaun T pretty motivating, compared to like that Tony Horton guy from the 10 minute trainer, and some others. His motivation comments during the videos actually seem to help! anyways ! good luck guys and keep pushing!!! we are going to get through this.
    I'm definitely getting deeper into the stretches! The exercise moves, a lot of them are feeling easier! Definitely room for improvement, but that's why we're doing this, right? :)