How long to start losing water weight??

Options
I am so frustrated. I know the # on the scale isn't everything, but at 190 lbs, I have a lot to lose.

I started NROL 3/4 weeks ago. Today is workout A9. So far I have gained 3.7 lbs. I have been eating about 1400 cals a day, usually eating back exercise cals too. I have MFP set to lose 1 lb a week.

I am not giving up because I feel so good, but I have not lost inches or weight...

Did you gain when you first started? How long did it take for the scale to start moving the other direction?

Replies

• Sk8rG
    Sk8rG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 months in - just started stage 4 and I have gained about 4 lbs. Don't worry about the weight for the moment. Look in my profile pictures, I posted a progress pic when I finished Stage 3. It's small so maybe a bit hard to see, but the difference between the 2nd pic and the 3rd pic is my 4 lb gain....sure doesn't look like a gain.
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated. I know the # on the scale isn't everything, but at 190 lbs, I have a lot to lose.

I started NROL 3/4 weeks ago. Today is workout A9. So far I have gained 3.7 lbs. I have been eating about 1400 cals a day, usually eating back exercise cals too. I have MFP set to lose 1 lb a week.

I am not giving up because I feel so good, but I have not lost inches or weight...

Did you gain when you first started? How long did it take for the scale to start moving the other direction?

Wait. How are you on A9 3-4 weeks in? Are you not alternating A & B?

That being said I think you may need to eat more. How does your protein look? NROLFW is a waiting game for sure. Adding the muscle happens first and then the fat burning. Many people say to stick it out through Stage 3, that is when they started seeing the differences. Also pictures are a great tool.
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sorry- I meant A5, (my 9th workout =)

I have upped my protein for sure- maybe I am just being impatient. I am still working on getting .75 g/lb of weight- I am slowing getting the hang of adding good protein sources.

I did take pics/measure and was going to compare at the end of stage 1 in a few weeks.

I will just keep at it and see how it goes. I really like the program- thanks for the replys!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I am 183 lbs and am eating 1800-2100 cals a day. This is the calculated amount from the book that I should eat for a 300 cal deficit. I'm on Stage 1 7B and have lost a total of 4 inches and 3lbs. I do very little cardio on my non-lifting days. Is it possible you aren't eating enough? Also, getting 140 grams of protein with only 1400 cals would be hard.
    Be patient and feed yourself well. Maybe you'll see more changes at the end of stage one when you actually see photos :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I started NROLFW at 190 too, and then fluctuated mostly bet. 190-193 for most of stage 1, even hitting 196 one day (which is the same as my weight before I joined the gym and lost 6 lb. from doing all cardio for a month), but I waited it out, and dropped to 187, I think during my rest week bet. stages 1 & 2.

Sometimes I see the scale drop after just a full rest weekend too, but between stages 2 & 3, I was on vacation for 2 weeks in Europe eating things like gelato, spaghetti, and croissants every day, and not doing any workouts except walking, and I dropped another 1.5 lb. to 185.5.

I'm only a week into stage 3, but I feel great about just the 5 lb. I have lost since I started NROLFW, because it's at least 1" off my waist, and I see it in my clothes. Like during stage 1, I dropped from a size 18 jeans to a size 14, even before the scale showed it.

Hang in there, and keep at it.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    I just finished stage 1 and have hung around 190 for almost all of that stage. However, I have lost a few inches and definitely look different in pictures. I eat 1900-2000 calories daily, and try to stick to 40/30/30 macros. For cardio, I do interval training either doing sprints or the arc trainer, 2-3 days/week. I am taking this weight loss slowly because I want to do it right, and right now I'm appreciating how much stronger I feel. I figure I can't stay at the same weight forever.