cookie dough dip

Options
mrs_dwr
mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
I discovered this blog today, and have made this recipe for after (with?) dinner tonight! You're welcome. :love:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

Replies

• momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I discovered this blog today, and have made this recipe for after (with?) dinner tonight! You're welcome. :love:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

I've made this before and it is yummy!!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I just signed up to her blog for all her new recipes ! wow ! Yummeeee:love:
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you rule. Bump for everyone else to see this lovely recipe blog :)
  • Eadne
    Eadne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it was absolutely awful. It tasted like sweet hummus, and had the texture and flavour of hummus - beany and not floury or buttery enough to be real cookie dough. I binned the whole lot :(
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    :( thats too bad. Thanks for letting us know...now I'm hesitant!
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it was absolutely awful. It tasted like sweet hummus, and had the texture and flavour of hummus - beany and not floury or buttery enough to be real cookie dough. I binned the whole lot :(

This happened to my first batch (blech, it was gross), but after it sat in the fridge for a few hours it was fine - no more chickpea taste or smell. Now I always rinse the chick peas in hot water before adding. Just made a batch of the sugar-free this morning and it's soooo yummy!
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    I just made the normal version, using Sunbutter, oats for thickening, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. I do kind of feel like it's not THAT much healthier than normal cookie dough with the sugar, but it's not bad. Next time I would try with almond butter instead (peanut allergy in our house), because Sunbutter tends to leave an aftertaste I'm not too fond of. I'd love to try the Brownie batter recipe too. Anyone tried that one?

ETA: I just looked at the brownie batter recipe and realized the main difference was a couple of tablespoons of cocoa. So I stirred that into the cookie dough dip and I must say, I like it better... I'm a BIG fan of chocolate, and it also slightly covered up the Sunbutter taste. :)

Bob's Red Mill - Steel Cut Oats Organic - Oatmeal , 0.3 cup dry 204 35 4 8
    Hershey's Cocoa - Natl Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Net Carb, 2 tbsp 40 6 1 2
    Kuner's - Garbanzo Beans - No Salt Added, 1 container (1 1/2 cups ea.) 270 45 5 15
    Sugars - Brown, 0.5 cup, packed packed 415 107 0 0
    Mccormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract, 2 tsp. (5mL) 24 2 0 0
    Sunbutter - Natural Sunflower Seed Spread, 4 tbsp 400 14 32 14
    Generic - Sea Salt, 1/4 tsp (1.2 g) 0 0 0 0
    Sunflower Market - Semisweet Dark Chocolate Chips, 1 oz (28g) 131 19 56 1
    Add Ingredient

Total: 1484 228 98 40

Per Serving: 148 23 10 4

Just thought I'd add the ingredients I used and nutrition calculations based on a serving of 1/10 the recipe. This is with cocoa added. 148 Calories per serving, 23 carbs, 10 g fat and 4 g protein. I ate about 1/8 of what I made along with a banana and I can say it's very filling. Tastes just good enough to eat a little and feel satisfied, but not SO good I want to eat the whole bowl. :)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've made this, and it is YUMMY!!! My kiddos like it and are none the wiser!!