what's a girl to do?

today I go shopping for healthy food. I know shoney's buffet for breakfast is fatteining so I try to keep away from things that I think have lots of carbs and do fruit and veggies for breakfast. lunch I ate a mini bagel with 1 tsp chive cream cheese and grapes. for dinner orange chicken, a tiny bit of rice and egg roll complete my diary am under calories . over on my carbs, protein, fat. I know I am supposed to eat more so I take and am trying to figure out from the healthy snacks I bought what to eat even the fruit I bought has freakin' carbs and will put me over. so do I eat fruit anyway for my snacks and go way over carbs/ fats and count my loses. or do I just say no keep me under calories. its a no win either way. more eat more to weigh less friends needed big time!

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi there!
    You should focus on getting in your proteins first. That has priority. I have learned when I plan my meals in the am and take care of my proteins first, then I will level out. I often don't even hit my carb levels, even though I do eat rice, bread and also pasta (in moderation)
    If you fit in your proteins, the other macros usually work themselves out. I sometimes go over on fats, but they are healthy, so I don't worry too much.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    what are some proteins? that way I can prepare tommorrow on focusing on proteins correctly. thanks for your help.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    what are some proteins? that way I can prepare tommorrow on focusing on proteins correctly. thanks for your help.

It takes some time and trial and errors to figure it all out.. Im almost 4 months into eating more and I still have many days where I am over on Carbs.. I figure as long as my carbs are "good", (ie: fruit, whole grains) then Im not so concerned by the overage in a day.

For proteins..
    Protein powder for shakes
    Protein Bars (watch the carbs on these)
    Beans
    Lean Meats
    Greek Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Milk
    Nuts
    Edamame Beans
    Fish

These are all wonderful sources of protein:)