Not obsessed anymore...could it be true?

Options
roro73
roro73 Posts: 153 Member
I just realized that I am not completely obsessed with food anymore. I think eating low carb has really contributed to that because I'm seriously not hungry and when I do get a little peckish I know I can eat wonderful food that I actually enjoy instead of low fat, tasteless stuff. I used to think about food 24/7. If I was awake, food was on my mind. I would spend so much time in the morning thinking about what I would eat all day, preparing lunch, snacks, etc and most of the time bringing way too much food then eating it because I was bored. Now, I have a few staples at work (boiled eggs, cheese, salami & nuts) so even if I don't have time to pack a lunch & snacks I know I'm good for the day. What a wonderful feeling this is!!

BTW, I realized I'm not obsessed anymore because somebody brought in Krispy Kremes AND Cinnabon Rolls and I didn't even think twice about it, I really enjoyed my sugar free jello with whipped cream...that totally blew my mind that I was completely satisfied and now everybody else is complaining how tired and yucky they feel. Haha...so happy I'm living la vida low carb!

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I am not completely obsessed with food anymore. I think eating low carb has really contributed to that because I'm seriously not hungry and when I do get a little peckish I know I can eat wonderful food that I actually enjoy instead of low fat, tasteless stuff. I used to think about food 24/7. If I was awake, food was on my mind. I would spend so much time in the morning thinking about what I would eat all day, preparing lunch, snacks, etc and most of the time bringing way too much food then eating it because I was bored. Now, I have a few staples at work (boiled eggs, cheese, salami & nuts) so even if I don't have time to pack a lunch & snacks I know I'm good for the day. What a wonderful feeling this is!!

BTW, I realized I'm not obsessed anymore because somebody brought in Krispy Kremes AND Cinnabon Rolls and I didn't even think twice about it, I really enjoyed my sugar free jello with whipped cream...that totally blew my mind that I was completely satisfied and now everybody else is complaining how tired and yucky they feel. Haha...so happy I'm living la vida low carb!

Congratulations on getting this far and welcome to the world of food sanity.

I did a couple of hours of coastal walking powered by a hunk of cheese and some raw nuts ... I walked past numerous fast food outlets and drove home past them without a second thought.

I had a MASSIVE dinner though :)

10am here and I'm currently functioning very well on a cup of coffee with cream after a 6:30 dinner last night :)

I think the key is planning ahead and always having a healthy option handy.
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    Yeah! Itsnt that wonderful! The same thing happened to me and that is when I knew this was my new way of life!

I had a donut encounter too. They looked yummy..I put my nose in to smell, pulled back and thought to myself..yuk, I know what those taste like, closed the box wo any regret :)

DeadVim, i hike and last week I only packed cheese, nuts, nitrate free jerky and dates and it sustained me. I was worried but it's not about quantity but quality. I am lfeeding my body now that my appetite has shut up :)

Kim
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I keep telling people this, too! I love this way of eating because I no longer wake up in the morning feeling like a piece of crap wondering how I ruined my day with eating and how much will I weigh and yadda yadda! When I am hungry, I eat something. I don't worry at all!! I cannot believe I waited so long to do this...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a big difference, too. At the end of the two weeks Atkins Induction I did, though, I noticed two days of cravings, and one was really bad. I think it might partly be that I was sick of my limited food choices to the point that I wasn't eating enough and was feeling very rundown.

Now I'm trying to keep to about 30-ish carbs a day, and the cravings went away again. I really hope they don't come back, because I spent way too much time before obsessing over food and being hungry, too.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i love posts like these.

great job!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Yeah! Itsnt that wonderful! The same thing happened to me and that is when I knew this was my new way of life!

I had a donut encounter too. They looked yummy..I put my nose in to smell, pulled back and thought to myself..yuk, I know what those taste like, closed the box wo any regret :)

DeadVim, i hike and last week I only packed cheese, nuts, nitrate free jerky and dates and it sustained me. I was worried but it's not about quantity but quality. I am lfeeding my body now that my appetite has shut up :)

Kim

I'm going to have to get me some of that jerky for eating on the move. :)

10am here, it's a cheese and nut kind of morning (and coffee and cream ;)), looking forward to a massive pile of spicy scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and spinach for late-breakfast/lunch though ...

I could eat fast food, I'd just do it more selectively than I did before ... No point in limiting yourself to some narrow band of acceptable foods is my thinking.

We had a morning tea at the school on Friday ... Bring a plate kind of thing ... So much sugar ... I brought along some cheerio cocktail sausages and pretty much stuck to those, the sugary stuff just looked gross.
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    Has anyone had their taste buds chg. just 5 weeks ago, my nutritionist couldn't get me to eat a cooked veg for anything. I am now eating them! Amazing! And how about how sweet food is! I have to cut down on ow much onion I use in my cooking because it is just too sweet!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had their taste buds chg. just 5 weeks ago, my nutritionist couldn't get me to eat a cooked veg for anything. I am now eating them! Amazing! And how about how sweet food is! I have to cut down on ow much onion I use in my cooking because it is just too sweet!

Yes, taste sweet a whole lot better. Probably because my sweet taste buds are not being overstimulated all day. I make some chia patties the other day with a small amount of sweet red pepper in them Each piece of pepper tasted like candy.

I've been a veggie fan since my 1st year away at college (where the food plan veggies were all boiled, limp and mushy) . When I came home for for a break I ate nothing but fresh veggies.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options

Yup, I notice the natural sweetness in things now.

Like LowcarbNY I was munching on some peppers this afternoon like they were Snickers Bars :)

2 months ago ... Spinach? Cooked spinach?! No way ... Now I add it to everything.

Still love much onion though ;)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My gummi multivitamins taste like a chemical factory now. I need to find a good replacement, preferably liquid or chewable. They have carbs and artificial sugar in them, but for now, they'll have to do. Anyone have suggestions?
  • pennyo140
    pennyo140 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great post. I am hoping to lose my obsession.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use to binge daily because I was so hungry all the time :(!

My doctor put me on anti depressants cuz they thought I was depressed and I just kept eating! I gained 80Lbs in less then 6 months. When I cut the carbs out of my diet the first thing I noticed was my depression vanished and I felt "normal." Like I could eat something and not be hungry 2 hours later! I love this about LC! I dont feel like a slave to food anymore :)! My relationship with food has also changed while I been LC, like food use to be my go to for comfort but now I believe I have a much more healthy relationship with food in general.