2 month plateau, Please Help!

Options
tenshiblue
tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
For the past 2 month I've been hanging around the same weight +/- 1-2 lbs. It's getting terribly old :( I've currently on my 7th week of eat more calories but scale is still not budging. What am I doing wrong?

I average about 5 hours of exercise a week including Turbofire and 3 X a week of weight training. I eat between 11500 to 12000 calories a week (this is right around the number that's calculated based on my TDEE with the exercise amount included).

I also opened my diary so you can look there too :) Thanks!

Replies

• cazsyl
    cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Have you done a reset?
  • tenshiblue
    Options
    What is a reset?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Check out the metabolism reset group. If you have been eating very low calories for a long time before starting to eat more a reset will often help.

I have been on a 7 week plateau now so I just started a diet break. Basically it allows your hormones to regulate. So I am eating at TDEE for 1-2 weeks and then dropping back to the 15% cut.

I am on day 5 and have maintained my weight so far (which is funny because I was eat 500 calories less than this and also maintaining. So the idea is that once I drop my cals back down in another week or so then I should start losing again.
  • tenshiblue
    Options
    Thanks for the pointer. I did look up the metabolism repair group. In their post they recommend eating at maintenance for 8 weeks. Honestly I feel very fulfilled with eating between 1700-1800 calories a day. My maintenance is 2100 calories. I don't know how I can eat that much without eating junk food and sugar filled food (I have a big sweet tooth).

This reset is an interesting concept. I will wait another week then if I still don't see any result, I'll give it a shot.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pointer. I did look up the metabolism repair group. In their post they recommend eating at maintenance for 8 weeks. Honestly I feel very fulfilled with eating between 1700-1800 calories a day. My maintenance is 2100 calories. I don't know how I can eat that much without eating junk food and sugar filled food (I have a big sweet tooth).

This reset is an interesting concept. I will wait another week then if I still don't see any result, I'll give it a shot.

I am eating at maintenance which is about 2200 calories on non-exercise days. I eat very little junk. It can be done with pre-planning your meals! :flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am not doing the full reset, just a diet break. The reset is 8 weeks and a diet break is 1-2 weeks (should be done every 4-6 weeks when cutting).

I generally eat well with a couple treats a day. (aside from today when we are going to McD's for supper). But I will have some frozen yogurt or other treat at least once a day with the bulk of my foods being healthy.

I snack on almonds, greek yogurt with all bran buds, graham crackers with peanut butter etc.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am eating at TDEE 2600 and I am not eating junk. i do have my treats, but it all works out fine :)