Does binging mess up your reset?

bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
I know the point of a reset is to get your body to trust you again, to not hoard, etc... basically, to trust that you aren't binging and that you're eating 'for real'. But what if you do binge? Does your body just accept it as it is and move on? Does your body only distrust you if/when you either undereat the next day to 'compensate' or overexercise, etc?

I only have 3 more weeks to get through and I want my body to trust me!

Replies

• TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    bump

:drinker:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I guess it would depend on how often you are bingeing.
    If you are at TDEE and you eat over it on occasion, thats fine. Your body is proably thinking "woohoo!!".. however this will cause excess pounds, since you are over maintenance..
    If you are constantly bingeing at TDEE, then you need to look more at why it is happening. There might be something in your diary to need to adjust to stop the binges.

HTH
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    I guess it would depend on how often you are bingeing.
    If you are at TDEE and you eat over it on occasion, thats fine. Your body is proably thinking "woohoo!!".. however this will cause excess pounds, since you are over maintenance..
    If you are constantly bingeing at TDEE, then you need to look more at why it is happening. There might be something in your diary to need to adjust to stop the binges.

HTH

I definitely haven't been binging as much since starting the reset- I think I made it almost two straight weeks of resetting prior to binging. I've maybe averaged twice a week since then? Hard to say, since last night was my first time really logging it.