Should I go straight into -15%

Hi,

I'm new to this website and really want to give this method a bash. I've been doing various diets (nothing ridiculous) but have struggled to stick to them (greedy!). I would definitely not say I have been under-eating or anything - quite the opposite, I have been putting away a lot and my weight has been steadily increasing - despite everyday me being attempting a new diet!

I'm looking to try something that feels like something I can incorporate into my life forever, rather than a quick fix. I'm happy with slow and steady, as quick fixes is something I've been trying to get for 2 years now and its just ended up me getting heavier and heavier.

I've used the scoobyworkshop calculator and it estimates my TDEE at 2241. Thats on 'moderate' activity - I do 4 x 1 hour boxing for fitness sessions, 1 x hour body combat or equivalent, and approx 6,000 steps a day. Do you think that is the correct setting?
I lift no weights at the moment. If I was to incorporate 30 day shred into my routine - would you still stay on moderate level?

With my -15% cut I hit 1900 calories to eat. My BMR is 1445 and my exercise sessions burn around 420 (I wear HRM and deduct resting calorie burn) so even on exercise days I will always NET my BMR.

My question besides whether my activity level is correct is -

Should I go straight into -15% or do I need to eat maintenance calories for a while?

I'm going on holiday next week - is it stupid starting this now? I figure for my holiday week I'll try and follow the same process, but will have to change my exercise level as won't be doing my usual classes. Will this defeat the whole process or will it not matter? (On that, would 'light' be suitable - there will be some walking, snorkelling, and swimming involved but thats it).

Thankyou so much to anyone who has the time to reply and help me, it is truly appreciated x

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hi and Welcome to the group.
    I am sure that you will be happy with this approach to lose weight, cause it is sustainable and you will not be starving.
    Since you have not been on VLCD, it would be alright to go straight to your cut value.
    As for the activity level-it's for sure moderate. I would go with it for now and see. If you are netting below your BMR often then I would go up with the activity level.
    It's up to you if you want to start during or before your vacation or after. One week change of exercise does not really change your activity level. You only change that, if you change it for a month or longer.

If you have any more questions just let us know
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Thanks so much for your reply! I have been sat here over eagerly waiting a response so I'm very happy now I have had one :-D

Thats interesting RE my vacation - I'm away for 12 days in total, so you don't think I should change my calculations to take into account the no exercise? Just plough on with 1900 calories regardless? Mmmm... Yum? :)

Thanks