Week 3

Options
earthsember
earthsember Posts: 435 Member
Yes! Today was a rest day and tomorrow I begin week 3! I'm super excited, since last time I attempted Insanity I ended up going out of town for a week and stopping at week 3. Trying to start where I left off proved difficult after all that time without a proper workout, so I ended up shelving it for some Jillian until now. I'm so glad to have made it back to this point and can't wait to see what kind of transformations I go through making it through until the end. I know we're less than halfway through, but what is everyone planning to do after Insanity? I'm thinking I'll probably do something a bit more low key for a week or two, and then hit it for a second round. I've decided that after two or three rounds (I'll see where I'm at) I might go for Asylum, since I really enjoy Shaun T's style of motivating.

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I want to do a second round too! But by the time I finish my first round, I will be moving back to campus where we have an awesome gym close to where I live. I'll probably get back to my old lifting and cardio routine for a couple weeks then hopefully start back with Insanity again.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I think I may Turbo Fire or Chalean Extreme next, but I'll probably take a small break from indoor tapes to do some running outdoors since the weather will be cooling down by the time I finish Insanity. I just can't take running in the heat and I miss it!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I got roped into doing a half marathon after insanity. I will have 2 months to train for it. It's in Kansas city and from what I've heard it's fairly flat and the last portion is a slow downhill finish. It's going to land on my exact 1 yr of losing and getting into shape. Hopefully I will have met all my goals and then there is going to be one helluva party!
  • earthsember
    Options
    Sounds like we've got some goals and ideas! Woohoo!
    Nteeter: I bet you'll have met your goals by then - you're so close to what you've got on your ticker!
    kls13la: I really want to try Chalene Extreme, I've heard good things about it, I'm going to be looking into both that and Asylum, I am actually a little disappointed after reading some of the Asylum reviews on here last night, but I'm going to keep looking into it.
    peachyxoxoxo: Sounds good! I miss being able to go to a convenient gym, but I've got a 2 year old here that doesn't like to sit in the nursery there, hehe. What are you studying? I have about 2 semesters left until I can say bye bye to college :D:D
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    peachyxoxoxo: Sounds good! I miss being able to go to a convenient gym, but I've got a 2 year old here that doesn't like to sit in the nursery there, hehe. What are you studying? I have about 2 semesters left until I can say bye bye to college :D:D

I'm studying dietetics and I'll be an RD after I graduate :) I also have two semesters left. Hopefully after that I can work for a couple years then get a masters degree or go to PA school. How about you?
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I have never looked at the little fish getting closer to my mark. All I see is the pig I cooked and have left behind in my wake. I am really close holy crap having a moment trying not to cry. I love this place and the people in it. I'll be back later time to push play. Took my rest day yesterday to do a charity BBQ for big brothers and sisters.
  • earthsember
    Options

I'm studying dietetics and I'll be an RD after I graduate :) I also have two semesters left. Hopefully after that I can work for a couple years then get a masters degree or go to PA school. How about you?

That's sounds really cool! :) I'm going for a BA in Communications with a minor in Philosophy - long term goal is to be a PSR worker (psychosocial rehab).
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am going to do a second round of insanity!! I actually look forward to the challenge everyday.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Week 3 coming to an end..day 17...whew...i hate those tricep dips!
  • earthsember
    Options
    Just finished week 3 also! Tomorrow is a rest day, then onto the last week of month 1!!!