Stil Netting under BMR on some days

Telugammayi87
Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
My exercise lately has been minimal due to an injury, (walking dog 3.0 mph for about 30-60 min per day). I calculated on Scooby as lightly active and it gave me 1670 BMR and 1960 is 15% off my TDEE. That's what I've been eating. I got a heart rate monitor today and went for my 45 minute walk. Averaging heart rate of 117, I burned 272 calories in 45 minutes. That leaves me at Net 1688 calories for the day. Yes, this is still over BMR, but on some days I burn enough to be Netting UNDER my BMR... do I need to up my calories?? There are some days, like Thursday, where I only get to walk for 20 min and don't net under my BMR.

So the question is.... If I exercise and net below my BMR of 1670, do I increase my calorie intake for the day? Or should I recalculate on Scooby to moderate exercise?

I'm 5'8 190lbs Female

Thanks!

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    If you are walking for 30 mins, 7 days a week, that is 3.5 hours in a week, which would put you in the moderate category. So yes, you should be moderate, not light:) Most people are moderate, even though they dont want to believe it:)

As for going under BMR, You want to eat back any cals that take you below it. So lets say your Cut is 2000 and your BMR is 1500 and you burn up a 600 cal run.. you would be netting 1400 cals which is under BMR. So you would want to eat back at least 100 cals of that.

TDEE takes in your exercise, so you normally dont have to worry about the burn, but if you find you are going under BMR regularily, its usually a good sign you need to jump up to the next activity level..
    So readjust your numbers with Moderate:)
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Makes sense... and exactly what I thought I'd hear... :) Thank you!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    I have my goal set to net a bit above my BMR, and I still struggle to get it most days because I burn a lot. I figure it's better than eat 1200 and not eating back exercise calories :/ I'll get there eventually.