quick question bout hypo and fatigue

Options
brianafaye2
brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
so ive been on levothyroxine for around 8 months but i still fatigued. is that due to my hypothyroidism?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I would ask your doctor. Have you had your bloods tested since you were put on the medication to see if it's the right dosage for you?
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Seems like it could be more involved... but there's a good site to look for info: stopthethyroidmadness.com
    Maybe you can find some leads there.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Could be a hypothyroid symtom, iron deficiency, vitamin D deficiency and vitamin B deficiency (all common for people with hypo). Or it cold even be dehydration.It is really hard to say, but make sure you get some blood tests to check all of those things if you haven't already.
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My TSH has to be under 2 for me to not feel fatigued often. So even though you're on meds, maybe your level isn't optimum for you. It's worth getting checked out with your doctor, I think. Quality of life is important!
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    thank u all :). i have had one dosage change. when i got to the doctor next i will talk to her, maybe i have iron deficiency. i hear that when someone craves ice alot that could be a resason. cant say its true, but i have been eating ice like crazy lately
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I found this on stopthethyroidmadness... T3 Circadian Method for Adrenal Fatigue (google it, its interesting)
    Very interesting theory, worth a shot. Take your t3 at the times that it helps your adrenals the most... they figure at between 4-6 am. & other half at about 5 pm... (3 hrs after eating & 1/2 hr before eating..).
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I was fatigued for a couple years. During those times, I did find that my dosage increased. I think finding the right dosage helped, but it also helped to start exercising more. I know that it seems nearly impossible to workout when you don't even feel like being awake, but sometimes a little bit of movement can make you take some deeper breaths and stir things up a bit. Yoga and walking are easier to get started on if you're tired.