how to fend off sabotage?

Options
i was on C1D6 when my girlfriends all wanted to go and hang at the pool and have a good time together (aka: pizza and lots of wine) I was dead set on sticking to my plan bringing over some salad and veggies to munch on, along with some swimming for exercise for the day. But... didnt turn out that well. My friends kept saying I should let loose a little, and let loose I did, with 4 pizzas and 3 glasses of wine.
I almost feel like I cannot be put in situations like that again, because my willpower is somewhat still low, even though I started feeling better after day 5 of the cycle. Does anyone have any tips, or advice or personal stories with this?

Replies

• DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Friends, aloohol and pizza when on such a restrictive eating plan is asking for trouble. The 17 Day Diet is so restrictive that it is almost impossible to go out with friends. I find it too dificult. This diet is extremely difficult to stick to. Check the sites every second post is "fell off the wagon", "cheated", "starting over".

I am doing the 1st cycle only to give me a boost. I keep away from social gatherings for most of that time. It is too dificult which is why I go back to my watching what I eat plan. May take longer to get the weight off but it comes off and so much easier to live with that the success reate is probably higher
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    My son had a birthday party on D6C1 of my 17 days. I brought a salad and apple for me and everyone else had ice cream, cake, sub sandwiches and snacks. I did not eat anything I was not suppose to BUT there were children at the party and not other adults pushing me into eating off diet. If your friends can not be supportive of your diet choices you might be better off not going to parties with them until cycle 4 when you can have a cheat day. Good luck.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    eat well before you go.......hunger is a killer for me. And bring your own drinks that you like so you will not be tempted. I just made lime mint alcohol free mojitos over the weekend and they were delish!

Lime Mint Virgin Mojito

2 limes juiced
    mint leaves
    stevia to taste
    blend and add club soda and crushed ice........SO REFRESHING!