TDEE-20%

konswela
konswela Posts: 137 Member
Anyone doing TDEE-20%.. I haven't weighed in a while, but will weigh soon. Just wanted to know if anyone is doing TDEE-20% right now I am doing and have been since I started EM2WL TDEE-15%.. I am losing inches I know and will soon find out if I am losing any lbs. But has anyone had any luck with TDEE-20%?

thanks for your input.. Happy Sunday

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    The EM2WL philosophy is to either do 10% or 15% cut of your TDEE.
    I know some people do the 20% cut and you might get away eith it if you have to lose a lot, but if I was you, I would stick with what you are doing. Especially since you are losing inches.
    I will start my cut next week, and I will only do a 10% cut.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I agree with Noor, stick with 15%.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    20% can mean the beginning of a dangerous slope.. If you are already thinking, "well I did 15% and started seeing some losses, then I wonder what will happen if I drop to 20%?"... Then you can be very rapidly heading back down the low cal extreme diets again..

We recommend 10-15% because it is sustainable and still gives you soem breathing room. Yes you can drop to 20% and maky do, but you do run the risk of stalling out quicker and often because its that much less cals.. Id say if you do decide to stay at 20%, then definitely take a diet break every 4-6 weeks and eat at maintenance, so your body knows you arent dropping to low cal again..

HTH
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    thank you so much ladies for all of your advice. I will stick with 15%. :happy: