Skip Stage 1?

Options
Feisty_Red
Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
I'm not new to lifting...but I am new to a 3 month stall on my weight loss..I am about 25 lbs to my goal(lost 60). Ton of cardio..so this book has been enlightning in that respect...too much for my own good probably!!.... I love to weight train..and I hope this is my answer.. Also..I wasnt eating enough at ALL!

Anyways.. I was curious if I should skip stage 1? When I glance thru exercises...it is things I have already done...and if I look at the last bonus workout of that section..I can fly thru it.

Stage 2 looks more appealing and challenging..at least from where I see it.

Should I just start at begining for best results..or is it just a personal choice? I am assuming that this book is gear for everyone..but they have to start at basics for someone who hasnt even picked up a dumbell or barbell..

Thoughts would be great :) Annnnnnd...if anyone was at a stall on weight loss...I would LOVE to hear if this was...finally the answer!

Replies

• ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I felt like I had the greatest increase in strength in Stage 1, and saw the most change in my body during that time. I would recommend going through Stage 1, and just really focusing on increasing your weights each time. It is a long stage, but I thought it was well worth it!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    The point isn't to do exercises you haven't done though, it's to do functional movements and train! Put more weight on if you feel the need but I'm defo feeling stage one is useful and I'm seeing gains in strength.
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    Stage one it is then :) Thank you!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    Also...if someone could clarify...if you are doing two reps of 10 per say.. the first set ..it is suggested you do a lower weight than normal? Or should it be the same weight for each set? I was a bit confused on which route to take on that one..

Example.. if I normally do a dumbell shoulder press (before this book) I had done 3 sets...of 12...with 20 pounds..should I lower the weight on the first set to 15? Or just keep up what I have been doing???
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I interpreted it as using the same weight for all sets of a specific exercise in a workout. Most exercises using a barbell I was able to increase by 5lbs each workout but then did all sets with same weight. Hope that makes sense and I hope you enjoy it!
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    Yes..that makes total sense :) I didnt really want to lower my current weights...