Progress discussion

Options
lets talk about your daily progress :-)

Replies

• laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    doing good so far. just hard trying to find something to eat that will make me feel full. plus trying to find food for the family to. since im the only one that needs to lose weight. my kids and husband can eat anything and they do.
  • silverkitten13
    Options
    doing good so far. just hard trying to find something to eat that will make me feel full. plus trying to find food for the family to. since im the only one that needs to lose weight. my kids and husband can eat anything and they do.

same at my house, my daughter actually needs to GAIN weight so i have to cook two completely different meals! what about some roasted/steamed veggies with a little soy sauce? i do that a lot since its super low calorie and helps hold me over!
  • racemary
    racemary Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. I just cook everything in different pots (e.g. veg, meat, potatoes, sauce) this way I can put more veg and meat and less carbs and sauce on my plate. More protein helps me to feel fuller for longer. And if I get really bad cravings, I have a cup of green or peppermint tea. It really helps :)
  • betina64
    betina64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Something I do to avoid cravings is to eta every 2 and a half hours ( more or less).
    But to be honest what is helping me most is being able to be connected to you.
    The other thing I started doing is joined an on line fitness website where there are an increadible number of 20/30 minutes classes of all types. It is payed though but not expensive at all.

Betina
  • silverkitten13
    Options
    i was craving sweets so bad today. i grabbed a peach and decided to make a peach/cherry smoothie with 1tbs fat free milk. it ended up being lile 65 calories and helped SO much with the craving! yay!! day 3.. almost done
  • kdenapolis
    kdenapolis Posts: 15
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

The link above discusses a more personalized approach to calories/BMR. I just calculated mine, and I should be eating around 1586 calories per day. It's kind of a long thread, but really informative. Has anyone else been eating 1200 per week and not seeing results? I have also been doing the vitamin B-12 shots....but I am still hovering at a 7 pound loss. I have 20 more to go.
  • betina64
    Options
    The link above discusses a more personalized approach to calories/BMR. I just calculated mine, and I should be eating around 1586 calories per day. It's kind of a long thread, but really informative. Has anyone else been eating 1200 per week and not seeing results? I have also been doing the vitamin B-12 shots....but I am still hovering at a 7 pound loss. I have 20 more to go.

Are you working out? There's a big difference when you do. Even a 20 minutes walk a day!
  • betina64
    Options
    i was craving sweets so bad today. i grabbed a peach and decided to make a peach/cherry smoothie with 1tbs fat free milk. it ended up being lile 65 calories and helped SO much with the craving! yay!! day 3.. almost done

That was a great strategy. :flowerforyou: Go for a walk next time. You not only postpone the craving but also change the atmosphere and forget about eating. besides you burn a few more calories.

Betina
  • kdenapolis
    kdenapolis Posts: 15
    Options
    I am working out intermittently...I only lifted once this past week. Next week, I have 4 days scheduled. I lost 6 pounds doing the Beach Body Ultimate Cleanse (no working out on the program), and then one pound since then (1 pound in one month). Something seems "off", especially since I was on the B-12 shots for the last three weeks. If you "friend" me, you can look at my food diary...see what I am doing wrong. I have done a lot of research, and maybe the 1200/day is just too low for me....so by doing that for two months, I lowered my metabolism so I need to rev it back up...will have to hit the gym hard next week(s).
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I rode my bike for 40 minutes on a trail today and walked for 15 minutes with my husband earning 400 calories that I didn't use. I stayed within my calorie range for the day.
  • Sbzlub
    Sbzlub Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Didn't cheat today. I was really conscious of what I ate. Yay, ME!
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am a sergeant in the Army, and I am also getting ready for my first fitness competition. It is on August 18th. I'm trying to get down to 13-14% body fat for this first one. I don't really have a weight goal. I have made it to 14.5-14.7% as of this morning! I could use more friends to check out my food and exercise logs, and in general some friends that are communicative!
  • betina64
    Options
    Good morning everybody,
    I put on 100 grs. I know it's nothing serious but...:angry: (a little)
    My question is:
    When you workout and earn some extra calories, do you allow yourselves to eat them or do you still stick to the original number of calories in your plan ( in my case 1200)?

Betina
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @betina64
    It depends on my level of activity. When I only work out once, I can typically stay under my original calorie goal. However, in preparation for my contest, I am doing two-a-days, which means I need more fuel to get through the day and my workouts. So now I am eating them, and still have an overall calorie deficit.
  • silverkitten13
    Options
    Good morning everybody,
    I put on 100 grs. I know it's nothing serious but...:angry: (a little)
    My question is:
    When you workout and earn some extra calories, do you allow yourselves to eat them or do you still stick to the original number of calories in your plan ( in my case 1200)?

Betina

i never eat them back
  • silverkitten13
    Options
    great job to everyone! keep it up. this is day 4 for me. today will be a hard one because my newborn hasnt slept hardly at all the past three nights.. hope i have the energy to get out and do something!!
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So far, so good :3
  • laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Doing good so far but still early here.
  • debhhi
    debhhi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Planning on not using the extra calories I earn from exercise, perhaps this will help to reach my goal. I walk 40-80 minutes daily.
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    Today is my first real day in this group, I'm going to really focus on the dieting & food intake. I am going to give up the wine too.