Body Pump? Would this

be a good class to do for the strength training?

I could do 2x a week, or 1x and a KettleBells class?

Or am I better just lifting weights in the gym?

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    You will get mixed answers here, and I'm the first one to say I'm biased as I teach BP. I was afraid of weights and this class introduced me to it. I adore the music and my body totally transformed after taking it. I have definition everywhere. It's a great intro into the moves of lifting. If you need a group ex atmosphere to push you, then I'd say it's a great choice!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I think it's great for beginners and great to throw in the mix. It definitely won't hurt you to add it in there. BUT I would still use free weights as well.
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    I love to take body pump classes. When I was consistent with it, i not only gained knowledge of proper form etc, I saw results in definition. I think it is always good to vary your workouts. Nothing wrong with throwing a body pump in there! :)
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    I do Body Pump and love it. I didn't know what to do with weights before, now I actually have a clue! I'm confident enough now to move to Crossfit soon and weightlifting classes at the crossfit gym, without Body Pump I would never have started to do any resistance or strength work.
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Thanks, will add it to my routine once I'm back from vacation!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I did Pump for a few years and I loved the classes.. still do.. But I finally decided to move on to free weights and learn to lift heavier.
    I still my my classes every now and then:)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    I do 2-3 pump classes a week plus one weights session with my trainer per week. I have no interest in doing weights by myself so works perfectly for me and I think if you keep pushing the weights while maintaining form it works well :)