Weekend Warrior

Options
doutri2
doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
After having a not-so-good running week, I am so happy that I was able to tackle a tough workout this morning.

I biked a tough, hilly course this morning for 1 1/2 hours. Then, finished with a slow jog for 10 minutes.

I have a 5K in less than 2 weeks and a triathlon in one month.

It's tough going.

Replies

• Missy1723
    Missy1723 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this thread until now!

You'll knock 'em dead at your events! :)

I want to get into biking as well but I'm worried about the upkeep on a bike. Is it very expensive?
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this thread until now!

You'll knock 'em dead at your events! :)

I want to get into biking as well but I'm worried about the upkeep on a bike. Is it very expensive?

Sorry, it took me so long to respond. As far as the costs, the upfront costs are what you have to prepare for. If you want a road bike (aka racing bike), then you will be buying an expensive bike and the clips and the shoes and a mileage computer. If you get a good "bike guy", then usually, some maintenance issues may be free, such as air and lube jobs.

However, my very first bike was reasonably priced and it's the one I ride the most. I had had it for 10 years before I needed a new back tire- pretty cheap. It's just a trail bike, barely what is considered a hybrid by today's models. I would love to upgrade, but have a hard time justifying it.

I DID justify spending more on my road bike because I knew that one day my body won't want to run anymore. This way I'll always have biking.