Now this is weird!!

bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
I measured today. My measurements were:
Chest: 41"
Hips: 43"
Waist: 43"
Biceps: 14.5"
Weight: 228 (same as starting, up 6 since starting em2wl)

My hips and waist were up an inch each from my last set of measurements.
My chest hasn't change in 3 months but my waist overall is down 3" (hips the same, biceps the same)

I've only started heavy lifting 2 weeks ago. I've been doing cardio for 3 months, and em2wl for 70 days.

Can anyone figure out why my inches would go up in some spots or remain so unchanged in others?

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Varying factors. The inches gained likely are from muscle.. good sign:) The inches lost are from losing fat.. also good sign:)
    You are only two weeks into heavy lifting, so it is still a huge adjustment to your body. Some days you might find the inches up in areas and down in others..
    WHEN you measure can also make a difference. Never measure the day after lifting. It will always be up. Dont measure after high salt days.. etc

Give it some time and things will change further:) Sounds like the weights are doing good for you though:)
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Sigh. I just wish I had some consistent factors to rely on to know if it was all doing something or not.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Give it time. You are only two weeks into weight training. You are very likely holding on to water still.. take your measurements again in a few weeks after a rest period from the weights and see what shows then
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    I'd say a little pumped up/water weight from the lifting.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 994 Member
    My waist is always getting smaller when everything else stands still.