My 10 min mile!

Options
tinkermommc
tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
Some reason I thought W7D3 was too easy. So today I started week 8 with the goal of running faster. Thinking a 10 min mile by the end of the week would be awesome. So I start running today tracking the time to make sure I was faster than last time. At the 20 min mark I was at 2 miles and figured there was no way I'd keep that pace but I did!!! I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes!! I just have to get that .1 :-)

Replies

• classictoaster
    Options
    Ahhhh congratulations! (: I'm only on W5 (supposed to do the dreaded D3 today.. yikes!), but I've been concerned/wondering just how far I'll actually run when I attempt the full 5K at the end of the program. I really want something that can track my time and distance (I don't have a smartphone... lol) so I can see my progress a little more clearly when I get there.

10 min mile is a great pace - way to go!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh congratulations! (: I'm only on W5 (supposed to do the dreaded D3 today.. yikes!), but I've been concerned/wondering just how far I'll actually run when I attempt the full 5K at the end of the program. I really want something that can track my time and distance (I don't have a smartphone... lol) so I can see my progress a little more clearly when I get there.

Trust me W5D3 may seem daunting but you can do it!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Some reason I thought W7D3 was too easy. So today I started week 8 with the goal of running faster. Thinking a 10 min mile by the end of the week would be awesome. So I start running today tracking the time to make sure I was faster than last time. At the 20 min mark I was at 2 miles and figured there was no way I'd keep that pace but I did!!! I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes!! I just have to get that .1 :-)
    Sweet!!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options

W5D3 is a mental challenge! Do it, you'll be fine! Too many people post about dreading it, I was excited for it. I've been running the full 30 mins since W7D2 so I decided to focus on speed. I think that's the way to do it. Get the time and then worry about pace!

Pedometer and a watch for distance/time?
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    wow that's great. I'm on week 5 and get about 1 3/4 around in 5 minutes. I would love to be just a bit faster!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done Tinkermommc!!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great run!!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    YES! You are awesome! That is so great! I can't wait until I get there!

w5d3 on Thursday! I can't wait until week 7 and the longer runs!