7-16-2012 Monday's Menopausal Mad Hatters Chatter

Options
2»

Replies

• cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ok Chickas,
    I have not took the time to read Hatters posting today. It was very crazy here. But I did get in my exercise today, Bonus. I didn't get the paper work done that i needed to. I did get in some Alcohol and drug training. that should have been done Friday. In the middle of it my husband comes in saying how sick he is, that he and an employee got stung several time each by bumble bees. Called Urgent Care they said give him benadryl. He was so cold he was shivering under 2 blankets and pile of pillows. After his nap he feels a little better. Not sure him being so sick was the bee stings or the virus that I had. I guess tomorrow will tell.
    Will check back in tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great day and your day was more productive than mine.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! This makes more sense to me now. I knew I could count on all of you to help me out. It was just getting myself all mixed up. I started on MFP because I thought that I was going way over in calories, but to find out I'm not eating enough. So from what I have read that can be a problem too .

Thanks Anita
  • 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Hi there hatters....oh I am like a see saw at the moment...one day good...next, not so much....life's a bit emotional for me at the moment so that could be why....I had a huge day yesterday....I met up with my dad for the first time in over 10 years last week and saw him again yesterday and took my 21 year old son to see him as well....really nice....had a big talk with my step mother....lots of emotions swirling around....needless to say I had no resistance when the packet of jelly snakes slithered down my throat last night :blushing:

I'm still feeling a bit drained....trying to summon up the energy to take the dog for a much needed walk this afternoon....and maybe a run tonight....its amazing how one day I can be so up and ready to "start again" and that just flies out the window within hours....I was supposed to go to yoga on monday but copped out....life is a roller coaster isn't it:smile:
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Anita, calories are just a tool, NUTRITION is what we need to be focused on. This week I know my food diary is a little screwy, but most of the time I focus more on what I eat than on what the calories say. And when I exercise I do not add in calories unless I am hungry. Most of the time we overestimate the calories we burn when we exercise. When I was researching nutrition the one site that I found to be very helpful was http://www.health.harvard.edu/plate/healthy-eating-plate Nutrtitionists are still not happy with the USDA's food plate. I think the food diary is helpful in tracking things like brownies or today's raisinettes, it lets us see what our food habits really are. I think of calories like I do money. Lets say I start with $1000, I know I need to buy the essentials of life, but if I budget there might be enough to splurge for an extra treat. If I spend all of my $1000 on splurges I will not be able to buy what I need and I will end up with debt and if I do it too often my debt will grow out of control. With calories, I know I need to use those calories to get the basic nutrition to keep me healthy, if I budget my calories I will be able to have an ocassional splurge ( raisinettes), but if I use my calories for splurges that do not give me a nutritional pay off, I will end up without the nutrients I need to be healthy and gain fat, if I do it too often my fat will grow out of control. With money when people do their checkbook, they keep track of what they spend, even when it is for things outside of their budget, the same is true with the food diary.
    IN addition to calories, I track my fiber and even though I didn't change my goals in my fitness pal (because I couldn't get the math to work) I aim for at least 30 grams of fiber a day. When I get that fiber, I am more likely to feel full and less likely to crave junk.

Great post thank you