Home work outs

Options
empressichel
empressichel Posts: 730 Member
Hi everyone, new to group.
I have to workout at homeand would welcome any ideas. I am using 3 kg hand weights to do upper body. Squats, lunges and crunches for lower body and going to hang up my bag to get back into my kickboxing.
Anything I'm missing or any other equipment you think I should be getting?
Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there, a warm welcome to the group :):flowerforyou:

I'm a home workout-er too. I'm trying to gather a collection of hand weights for upper body, but like you, I'm sticking to body weight for lower body/ab exercises.

I'm considering getting a swiss ball and resistance band too, but to be honest I'm interested in looking at body weight exercises seeing as I've got a whole 173lbs to work with, and it doesn't cost a thing! :bigsmile:
  • emsnyc
    emsnyc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I saved up for a while and bought myself a TRX suspension thingy for my birthday. Since I have been running I don't use it as often as in the bad weather, but I love it. There are a lot of videos online that give you endless workouts to do. The only drawback is the price, but if you are not going to a gym, it may be worth it. If you are unfamiliar with it google or go to youtube.

Also, one of the best total body exercises you can do are push ups and you don't need any equipment for that. To increase your reps you can use the website for "100 Pushups" work out. THere is also an iPHone app if you have one. Push up bars and "The Perfect Push up" equipment help your range of motion but are not necessary.
  • victoriousnrltm
    Options
    Try these called ZWOWS, http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags?utf8=✓&search%5Btime%5D=&search%5Btags%5D%5B%5D=no%20equipment&commit=Go! They are all body weight only & super effective.
    Setting goals like 100 push ups a day, 50 burpees a day, 1 minute planks etc will also help you decide what to do to reach those goals.
    You can get a super effective workout with 2 exercises. Mine today Jog 5 min warm up, (15 manmakers then 50 jumping jacks) 4 times, Jog 5 min cool down. I didn't time myself but it was a killer!
    (Manmakers are here http://homefitnessmanual.com/featured-exercise/are-man-makers-the-ultimate-burpee-exercise/) With out dumbells jump at the end instead of clean.