Diet Breaks

Hi All,

Last question now :)

Still fretting about my vacation ruining what I've achieved this week.

So this is how I'm going to view it ;

(Come from normal diet background, never managed to stick to LCD, my weights increased by 7lb over past few months so have been advised by moderator to go straight into the cut)

1 week -15% cut
then 2 weeks - TDEE (vacation)
then 6 weeks - 15% cut

Does that sound OK?

Thanks

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    It's absolutely okay!

Really, any time you want to eat at TDEE for a week or two, your body will be thankful.

I think the recommendation is that after cutting for 4-6 weeks it is a good idea to take a diet break.

I'm on a diet break now.
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Awesome, thanks. I wasn't sure if it would mess the process but it sounds like I'm being typical me and over-complicating things!

If your gaining when sticking to TDEE on a diet break - is that normal or do you need to look at revising something for the next break?
  • HeidiHoMom
    I think it's fairly normal at first because your body is sort of in shock, but it's generally not fat you are gaining...just water. Especially if you are lifting heavy weights.

Today is day 7 of my diet break and my weight maintained but I actually lost a half inch in my waist.
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    I think it's fairly normal at first because your body is sort of in shock, but it's generally not fat you are gaining...just water. Especially if you are lifting heavy weights.

Today is day 7 of my diet break and my weight maintained but I actually lost a half inch in my waist.

How long will you break for? I am 6 weeks into cut and going on vacation Aug. 2. I'm wondering if I should "break" then and eat at TDEE since I know I'll have a lot more tempting food choices! But I don't want to do it for longer than the week we are gone...at least that's my initial thought...??
  • MeganKate24
    I will break for 2 weeks, or 12 days! Thats the time I'm away for. I think I'll find it hard to track accurately so it really is a 'break'! I'll do my best to stick within TDEE.
  • HeidiHoMom

How long will you break for? I am 6 weeks into cut and going on vacation Aug. 2. I'm wondering if I should "break" then and eat at TDEE since I know I'll have a lot more tempting food choices! But I don't want to do it for longer than the week we are gone...at least that's my initial thought...??

I think I'm just doing a week this time around but I am going to do a break for a week every 4 weeks.
  • MeganKate24
    How come you have decided to break every 4 weeks? Just wondering, it sounds more appealing than the standard 6 weeks ;-) Might join you!