I'm struggling (planning) to meet my macros, I'm either

A) Under protein
B) Under fat

Carbs are no problem!

Does anyone have any tips for me? Thanks

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I try to plan first thing the morning for the whole day, then it's easier to get things that fit into my macros.

It's difficult to get it perfect but I do my best. My main goal is to get my protein up there. I am supposed to get over 180 grams but I find that very challenging since I only used to eat around 60 grams. So I aim to get 130 or above.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    I agree with consciously thinking about getting in protein, and the rest kind of falls into place. I generally am under on fat and right at or slightly above carbs. I try to plan my meals and snacks to make sure they all have at least some protein, and in a pinch, and protein shakes as dessert definitely helps.

My protein macro is 25% so I'm supposed to get around 120. My goal is to hit 100 daily as a minimum.
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    I set my macros as they suggest on here - 40%/30%/30% with 40% being carbs.

I don't see how I can increase my protein other than having chicken for breakfast or something :-/

I already include a protein shake which I never did before.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    here are some things I have used to increase my protein:

Tuna-1 whole can on a sandwich has about 40-45 grams of protein

Edamame-having some today and a 1/2 cup has 10 grams protein

Greek yogurt-8 grams protein per 100 gram serving

Milk-8 grams protein per cup

Turkey pepperoni- 12 grams protein per 2 pepperoni (low in fat too)

Protein bar-15 grams protein

For breakfast I have eggs or protein oatmeal (1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1 tsp cinnamon and vanilla and add some fruit like blueberries or banana can also add peanut butter.
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    I make sure every single meal has a protein included. I often will have cottage cheese, greek yogurt and/or almonds or other nuts paired with fruit or veggies or snacks. I always plan my meals the day before. That way I can add or take stuff away depending on what my macros need. Then I pack it all the night before. My motto, fail to plan, plan to fail.