Beast Tamer/Iron Maiden Challenge

Options
ItsCasey
ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
Have any of you trained for or considered training for either of these challenges?

For those who haven't heard of them, the Beast Tamer Challenge is for men and consists of doing a pull-up, pistol, and press, all with "the beast" (48 kg/106 lb bell). The Iron Maiden Challenge is for women and consists of doing the same lifts with a 24 kg/53 lb bell.

I had heard of it a while back because pretty much all of the kettlebell training I do is guided by (read: stolen from) RKCs, but I never really thought about attempting it until I bought a 20 kg/44 lb kettlebell on Saturday. I tried some Turkish get-ups with it yesterday, and I was surprised at how easy it was for me to transition to it from the 16 kg. Part of it is that I've trained the TGU for so long that my technique is very solid, and that helps a lot. But kettlebell training, in general, has made me stronger than I thought it would.

I can do bodyweight pull-ups and pistols, but I have never attempted them with added weight. And I've never tried to press anything more than a 16 kg. So I know I have a very long way to go, but I think it's a good goal to work toward.

Replies

• yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just heard about the Iron Maden the other day. I think it's quite a goal to shoot for. I'd like to give it a shot some day too. Good luck with your training!