Hitting a wall

Options
MrsZMartin
MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
Not sure what's going on, but I am just not inspired by KB&T the past few days. I am having to force myself to hit play, and am taking more rest days than I typically do. I'm feeling bored with the workout. I don't know where this is coming from, though, because I'm seeing great results, and it's not like I'm busy...I'm a teacher on summer vacation.

Has anyone else hit this wall? How did you push through?

Replies

• smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hit a wall too. I didn't work out for 2 weeks. I was on level 2. I actually started lvl 3 on Sat. I didn't get up in enough time this morning to do it but I am shooting for tonight or tomorrow morning.

I really can't explain how I pushed through. I did get Jillian's Ripped in 30. I would like to do that program so I told myself I couldn't start it until I finish JMKB&T. I do get bored easy with the programs and I have stalled for a week or so. I just keep telling myself I need to get back at it and how great I look and feel when I do it. I basically have to coax myself back into it.

Maybe reward yourself with something if you complete it? What level are you on? Do you need to go up a level to get a challenge again?

Hope this helps a little? :-)
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You're right, I just need to push through. I'm on level 2, and it is definitely still challenging! :noway: My left leg just won't cooperate on the one-legged burpees!

I think part of my problem is that I have too much time on my hands right now. I didn't miss a single day when I had a houseful of company and stuff to do and places to be each day. Now, I really have nothing going on, as we wait to close on our new house and I wait for work to start. It's kinda like, oh I'll do it after lunch, after a nap, after, after, after.... I try to do it first thing in the a.m. so it's done, but that just did not happen today.

Thank you for your experience input. It really does help. :smile:
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I have trouble sticking with KBT because I don't find the workout routine as enjoyable as the 30DS. I really enjoy 30DS but I need more of a thigh and butt workout but I still don't reach for KBT on a regular basis. Plus I really dislike a lot of plank work because I have a reduced range of motion in my wrist due to surgery and arthritis and it makes it really hard to get into the workout when I either have to modify a lot or cause myself excessive soreness.