CXWorx

Options
derekjnichols
derekjnichols Posts: 49 Member
I passed my certification to instruct CXWorx this weekend - has anyone else participated in this class? I'd love some insight onto other experiences I can bring to my sessions.

Thanks!

Replies

• vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 3weeks. I love it. I was worried at first but I have gained strength quickly! Good luck in your sessions!
  • alithepom
    alithepom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's great. Really targets those areas we don't often think about. It's bit like the toning part of BodyVive... but on steroids.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I tried this at a Les Mills event a few weeks back and loved it! Unfortunately our gym won't be offering it for a while, if at all. It is a great class and the time just flies by!
  • jmoneycgt
    jmoneycgt Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome class, just please be careful with demonstrating proper form. I've definitely seen it not happen before and then the participants start mirroring this behavior.

An example being not stepping far enough or landing on your heel for side lunges, power skaters & wood-chops. That is how blown-out knees happen, especially for those who aren't that physically fit.

Also try to demo low options as soon as possible. I've had instructors wait until we got to the second side to demo the low option for a side-hover. Watching people struggle to do them on their feet and then just giving up completely made me sad.
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly not a fan, sorry to say. I guess I find it boring.
  • princessmollbunny
    Options
    i really love working on my abs so i find it the perfect class for me however i do think that the instructors who take it at my gym don't always tell you where you should feel it. For example the plank ans crunches are obvious but the weighted sections/ moves i can't always tell where i'm supposed to feel that. but i do love it pretty much love all the les mills stuff! xo
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know next Monday, I plan to attend my first session Monday evening. There is a class immediatly following BodyPump that I plan on giving a try. I've been doing BodyPump for about 1 1/2 months now and plan to switch to Monday evenings so I can give this class a try immediatly after.

Although I hate going to something like this for the first time (don't know what to expect or to do) I figure may as well try it once.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Be prepared and ensure your timing is spot on. Last week I went to a class with a new to my gym instructor (not sure how long she has been a group fitness instructor) and her timing was awful. Seriously, it was very bad. I was surprised that she could pass the training. What makes it even worse is her timing was off in tracks with a very heavy beat, electronic/dubste-like music. How can you not keep a beat with that kind of music?

Good luck!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CXWORX but i never seam to catch the classes. they are always given at like wack hours and always miss it . i manage to do one class a week only and love every minute of it wish i could have more