STALL

Options
mayday1969
mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
I've done it. I've hit my stall. I was constantly losing the entire 90 days. Now for the past 3 weeks, I haven't gained or lost. I have about 10 pounds to go. I'm thinking that my body is tired of the 1200 calories without eating back my exercise calories. I'm getting a HRM and then I will try to add back some calories. It's a scary thing though, eating more than I have been for 16 weeks.

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    A plateau, a stall, our body's moment of pause (whatever we like to call it) :), these moments are inevitable. You have had great results and it's pretty typical for the body to hold onto water weight and/or not release weight after some weight loss. I think it's smart to calculate your numbers (e.g., BMR, TDEE) to understand how much of a deficit you've been living with day-to-day. If it's fairly large, it may be time to up your calories. Especially because you're SO close to goal, it's more important to carry a smaller calorie deficit and lose more slowly (e.g., 1/2 lb a week, etc.); your body will more easily let go of fat when you are eating more than your BMR. If it feels scary, just start slow. It's common for people to gain "scale weight" after increasing calories; this is not a true weight gain (it doesn't happen that fast) if you are eating below your totaly daily energy expenditure (i.e., the total calories you burn each day with all activity). If you're under your TDEE, any initial "gain" on the scale is due to water, etc. You can also increase in increments of 100 calories a week, or every few days. Good luck!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I successfully upped from 1200 to 1350-1450 after the first month, b/c I was too tired to work out. I am still losing! Go with how you feel, try and find that "sweet spot" where you feel energetic enough to work out, but still in a calorie deficit. HTH.
  • missmorningmist
    Options
    yeah I know the feeling but when I started to eat a little bit more not alot mind you I started losing too.
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the responses. I think I will eat back my exercise calories starting when I get my new HRM. AND I will try (try) not to freak out if I go a little up in weight at first.