Monday - July 16th - Sunday July 22nd

Options
rayne78
rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
Well, I am back from my 10 day camping trip, which included a bi-annual get together with my dad's side of the family...12 aunts and uncles, and 20+ cousins and their spouses and kids. We have a lot of fun together, so needless to say, my plan to be good kinda went through the window. But, over the course of the 10 days, although I didn't follow the rules, I didn't over eat...camping seems to be good for that in that we're not super hungry and don't eat too much. I will weigh in on Friday and will find out if after going back to C1 for this week will result in a loss from before I left. I hope so!

How is everyone else doing with summer in full swing??

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back from my 10 day camping trip, which included a bi-annual get together with my dad's side of the family...12 aunts and uncles, and 20+ cousins and their spouses and kids. We have a lot of fun together, so needless to say, my plan to be good kinda went through the window. But, over the course of the 10 days, although I didn't follow the rules, I didn't over eat...camping seems to be good for that in that we're not super hungry and don't eat too much. I will weigh in on Friday and will find out if after going back to C1 for this week will result in a loss from before I left. I hope so!

How is everyone else doing with summer in full swing??

Hi Rayne..........you did awesome with just not overeating! There is something about being in the outdoors that makes us healthier in every way......including the way we eat. I think I would be at a healthy weight if I were more of an outdoor girl :tongue:

I am restarting 17dd today. I have been trying a few other things and they are not working.......so I guess I will follow the rules and do what needs to be done!!!!!! Why do I resist this so?? So D1C1 herre we go!!:bigsmile: and hugs to you for being such a good role model here for the rest of us!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rayne78
    Options

Hi Rayne..........you did awesome with just not overeating! There is something about being in the outdoors that makes us healthier in every way......including the way we eat. I think I would be at a healthy weight if I were more of an outdoor girl :tongue:

I am restarting 17dd today. I have been trying a few other things and they are not working.......so I guess I will follow the rules and do what needs to be done!!!!!! Why do I resist this so?? So D1C1 herre we go!!:bigsmile: and hugs to you for being such a good role model here for the rest of us!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks Dyanna!! Good luck with your restart! I hope it goes better for you this time! As always, I'm happy to be here for you if you need me.
  • s_martin210
    s_martin210 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am still pressing on. Today was C2D12 and I am still doing great with the plan. I have lost around 9 pounds so far. I finally started working out yesterday. I think I spent the first month on this diet learning how to eat better. There is something to be said for clean eating. I feel so much better. I know that adding in a daily workout will make it that much better.

So proud of me...Tonight I made the No Fuss Eggplant Parmesan for dinner and whipped up a batch of Mr. Mike's cookies. This is going to be a good week...I can tell already.

Good luck to everyone this week!!!
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am still pressing on. Today was C2D12 and I am still doing great with the plan. I have lost around 9 pounds so far. I finally started working out yesterday. I think I spent the first month on this diet learning how to eat better. There is something to be said for clean eating. I feel so much better. I know that adding in a daily workout will make it that much better.

So proud of me...Tonight I made the No Fuss Eggplant Parmesan for dinner and whipped up a batch of Mr. Mike's cookies. This is going to be a good week...I can tell already.

so proud of you! You are inspiring me too! And I must make the eggplant parmesan. Is it in the book? You WILL have a great week........and I believe I will too!:love:
  • rayne78
    Options

Good Job! I did a similar thing when starting out...really focused on eating right, and slowly added in exercise after a month or so. I truely believe eating is the key to everything
  • s_martin210
    s_martin210 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There is an Eggplant parmesan recipe in the book. The one I used tonight was from the new cookbook. They are slightly different. The one I did from the cookbook had ground turkey.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... so today is day 1 for me. I have the loving suport from my boyfriend who is doing this with me. That makes things so much better. Everyones post are encouraging and helpful.
  • rayne78
    Options
    Hi everyone... so today is day 1 for me. I have the loving suport from my boyfriend who is doing this with me. That makes things so much better. Everyones post are encouraging and helpful.

Good Luck! Just remember, the first week is the hardest!
  • desyreme1
    desyreme1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is C1D3 for me. The first two days were brutal. I am a carb addict and by 3 pm, I am CRAVING carbs. I haven't given in, though, and I am still excited. I'm hoping that this will break me through this YEAR-LONG plateau I have been on. (ARGH!!!)

I already work out 5 days a week, so today was my first day going to my 5:30 AM boot camp while OP. My only concern is that I hope that my body doesn't go into starvation mode!!!
  • dyannajoy
    Options

good luck Emily! My daughter is doing this with me too.......it helps to have as much support as possible. It really is a great diet! Good luck:love:
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is C1D3 for me. The first two days were brutal. I am a carb addict and by 3 pm, I am CRAVING carbs. I haven't given in, though, and I am still excited. I'm hoping that this will break me through this YEAR-LONG plateau I have been on. (ARGH!!!)

I already work out 5 days a week, so today was my first day going to my 5:30 AM boot camp while OP. My only concern is that I hope that my body doesn't go into starvation mode!!!

I restarted last week and the first few days were awful for me as well......and I do not eat many carbs! This week is much better though s hang in there! And boot camp at 5:30 a.m. WOW!!!! You go girl!:love:
  • rayne78
    Options

If you're working out that much, just try and make sure to eat back most of your exercise calories
  • eagle2pet
    eagle2pet Posts: 21
    Options
    I need a little help I'm on cycle 1 day 11 (down 11 pounds yay!) But I'm always eating under 1200 calories not because I'm trying but I'm just full (new feeling for me). I'm a bit worried about my metabolism slowing down and I have also had two days (last Friday and today) where I am very weak. Tried eating even 2 extra servings of fruit to see if my blood sugar was low but it didn't help. I'm only exercising about every other day....almost worried about doing it every day with as low as my calories have been (between 800-1100). Has anyone else had this issue and what calorie numbers are you all taking in?
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    eagle I am with you!!! I am on day 17 of cycle 1 (as of tomorrow). I have lost 11 pounds also but I have had several days where I don't come anywhere close to 1000 calories. As long as I am drinking enough water I do okay with my energy. If not, dehydration zaps me big time!! I am going to add snacks to my day (hopefully, I have a hard time remembering to eat).
  • rayne78
    Options
    I need a little help I'm on cycle 1 day 11 (down 11 pounds yay!) But I'm always eating under 1200 calories not because I'm trying but I'm just full (new feeling for me). I'm a bit worried about my metabolism slowing down and I have also had two days (last Friday and today) where I am very weak. Tried eating even 2 extra servings of fruit to see if my blood sugar was low but it didn't help. I'm only exercising about every other day....almost worried about doing it every day with as low as my calories have been (between 800-1100). Has anyone else had this issue and what calorie numbers are you all taking in?

Try adding in some unsalted almonds, protein shakes, or cheese for extra snack calories. When I first started out, my first 2 weeks were rough with headaches and slight weakness as well, but it subsided. Just stick with it. I try to net 1600 calories every day. Obviously some days are harder to get there than others, but for the most part I don't do too bad.
  • eagle2pet
    Options
    Thanks for the tips....I got in my full 8 glasses today and feel a bit better....I have to force it down but I'm getting there!
  • eagle2pet
    Options
    [/quote]Try adding in some unsalted almonds, protein shakes, or cheese for extra snack calories. When I first started out, my first 2 weeks were rough with headaches and slight weakness as well, but it subsided. Just stick with it. I try to net 1600 calories every day. Obviously some days are harder to get there than others, but for the most part I don't do too bad.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the ideas. I did eat some cheese today (not low fat but its all I had) had about an ounce and then my husband bought me dates which really helped too. I will add nuts too.....I knew it wasn't "allowed " on C1 but you have obviously been sucessfil! By the way how many times have you been through the cycles?
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Cycle 1 COMPLETE!!!!!! I lost 11 pounds! I'm so excited! Cycle 2 starts tomorrow!
  • rayne78
    Options

Thanks for the ideas. I did eat some cheese today (not low fat but its all I had) had about an ounce and then my husband bought me dates which really helped too. I will add nuts too.....I knew it wasn't "allowed " on C1 but you have obviously been sucessfil! By the way how many times have you been through the cycles?

There has been a revision that unoiled/unsalted nuts are allowed in all cycles. 2 tbsp counts as one of your oil servings. Since January, I've done the first 3 cycles 3.5 times. I'm on my fourth round, but since summer start and I'm away camping most weekends, I've been faithful through the week, and then decent on the weekends. I just got back from a 10 day camping trip, where i didn't follow the plan but made out ok, I gained 2 lbs, but it's already back off plus an additional 2 lbs.
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    Yesterday was my last day of Cycle 1. Got on the scale and down a total of 4.4lbs! I'm happy with that. The first time I did Cycle 1 it was 7lbs so it seems right. Cycle 2 today and I also start a two week vacation. Not going to be home for 2 weeks but there will be lots of walking and sight seeing so i'm hoping that even if I don't stay 100% on plan the extra excercise will help me out.