I need some advice please

Options
Denjo060
Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
Ok Im sure you are all tired of this question but ..... I have been on MFP since Feb I lost 14 lbs and then gained back 2 then lost another 1 lb. I have been playing with the same 2 or 3 lbs for at least 4 months now and Im getting really discouraged. OK now here is where I need the help. I need help determning how many calories a day I should eat.
I have a desk job but I do exercise regularlyI do Zumba 3 times a week 1 hour each class When Im not doing Zumba Im walking. Actually I just stared walking to change it up a bit I have played around with weights I do a lot of yard work such as weeding mowing the lawn etc.
I have had myself up to 1800 a day but according to fat 2fit radio it says I should be eating 2257 a day can this be right and how long should I give this a try and if I do go to this amount of calories a day should I eat my exercise calories back or is this calculated in ??? I know you probably get these klind of post all the time but I really want to do this right becasue I am obviously doing something wrong and I have to stop the vicious circle
BTW I am
52 years old
I weight as of this morning 186
My goal weight is to get down to 170 (for starters)
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hi there..
    First welcome to the group:)
    A few questions..

With your 2257, what is that number exactly? Is that your TDEE or your 15% Cut? What activity level did you select in order to get it?
    How long were you eating at 1800 cals?? What were you eating prior to that and for how long?

once we have a bit more information we can trouble shoot a bit better:)
  • Denjo060
    Options
    will have to look again today Im at work but will definately look at it again and get the exact numbers Thanks for replying to my post you are the only one :smile:
  • Denjo060
    Options
    OK here are the numbers I ran again today
    Weight 187
    BMI 30.1
    moderate activity
    I went to fat2fit radio and according Fatch McAdrle scale my BMI is 1650
    And according to the Harris Bennet scale it is 1530
    Im not sure how to figure out my TDEE