Going to try this again.

candicejn
candicejn Posts: 458 Member
I tried eating more a couple months ago and when the scale stalled out for 6 weeks I gave up and dropped back down. Well, 6 weeks later again and I'm still only down about 3-4 pounds, plus my energy dropped and I'm getting grumpy again, plus I'm getting back into my "stuff my face 2 nights a week because I'm starving" routine. So, here I am, trying again. Based on all the calculations I should eat around 1950 - 2000 calories for a 20% cut.

So... if this does work, what are the chances I'll eventually be able to lose more than .5lbs a week? I have around 80lbs left, and I was hoping to be down at least another 50 by next Summer... I know there is an adjustment period where I will either stall or gain (which is nothing new, I've yo-yo'd the same 5lbs since April!!). But after that, what's everyone's experience been?

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    I tried it several times before it "clicked" with me. This time i did a 2 week reset (i plateaud out very quickly) and have been doing a 15% cut (which is the maximum recommended) and i am into my second week (which coincidently is my cycle as well) First week i lost 1.32 pounds and so far this week (still have another 3 days to the week) i am down 1.98 pounds. I am eating 2363 calories and doing 3 pump classes, 1 PT session of weights and 2 runs per week and it feels like for me I have a real good balance :)
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Also just remember this is a slower but healthier approach...Im not putting any pressure on myself to expect certain numbers each week...im also not thinking ahead more then about 4 pounds at the moment.
  • candicejn
    Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! I only chose a 20% cut because I have hypothyroidism and from all that I am reading, we tend to need to cut a bit more in general to see the same results. I will do this for a month and then re-assess my situation and go from there.

:)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! I only chose a 20% cut because I have hypothyroidism and from all that I am reading, we tend to need to cut a bit more in general to see the same results. I will do this for a month and then re-assess my situation and go from there.

:)
    Just use a 15% cut. Many of us here are hypothyroid, and use the normal cut as recommended. You can do it
  • candicejn
    Good to know, thanks!! :)