Weekly Challenge: July 16 - 22

Options
Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:
★ Paul
Corey
★Carrie✓

Fitness Buffs:
★Debbie ✓
★Sonya
★Jill ✓

Fitness Enthusiasts :
★Sandra✓
Ellie

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 315 days
    Ellie - 180 days
    Debbie - 155 days
    Carrie - 135 days
    Paul - 120 days
    Jill - 85 days
    Corey - 25 days
    Sandra - 15 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Remember to think up a personal goal for the "You are what you eat" July rotating monthly challenge! Only two weeks left!
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going for enthusiast again. I will aim to maintain the control over the fat component of my diet (RMC) , and my goal for the week is to include more snacks in my meal plan as well.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm going for the buff this week.

I'm going to make the general goal of logging and completing my diary every day as I've really been slacking on that lately.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a week off from lifting so I'll be going for enthusiast.

You are what you eat goal - watch sodium again

personal goal - stick to 5 mile training program, which means hitting 3.5 miles Sunday, my longest yet.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I will go for buff again this week. I think my "you are what you eat" goal for the next couple weeks needs to be to cut out sugars. I want to stay away from bad carbs for 5-6 days of the week. My personal goal is to do an ocean swim, and during my pool swim to be able to do actual "laps". I usually have to stop to breathe at the end of the lane after just one length of the pool. I think I am ready to push it to do a whole lap without stopping.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My personal goal for the week is to be better at supporting my friends on here. My food goal is to stay under my carb allotment 3/7 days this week. I want to hit the big dog daddy this week as well as far as minutes worked out.
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am going for fitness buff.

Nutritional challenge:
    Eat breakfast before 10 am. I always skip and then have a hard time cramming in my calories between lunch and dinner and then end up eating too late, especially on exercise days.

Personal goal, drink all my water daily, two bike rides, one hike, and one ab workout.
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    My goal for this week is to make Elite again. I'm off to a slow start, but I'll pick it up for the rest of the week.

RMC - I'm trying to switch to a higher protein/lower carb eating plan. I didn't make a drastic change (35 protein/35 carbs/30 fat), but it's something I want to try. I'm quickly finding it harder to meet my calorie goals for the days without going over my carbs. I still meet my calories, it just actually takes some work.

My personal goal is to get in three strength training routines and three good cardio routines as well. I'm really trying to balance my workouts.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Exercise Challenge level- I would like to go for Ellite this week. I am already at 180 minutes logged as of today! :)
    Personal Goal: I need to make it through work the rest of this week with out emotional eating to much...this week, on Thursday, marks 8 years since my Mom has passed away. I need to try to work out instead of eat my feelings, like I know I can do.
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): I already know that my problem is that I love my sweets too much! I need to stay away from the sample tray at work for the rest of the week!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I will go for buff again this week. I think my "you are what you eat" goal for the next couple weeks needs to be to cut out sugars. I want to stay away from bad carbs for 5-6 days of the week. My personal goal is to do an ocean swim, and during my pool swim to be able to do actual "laps". I usually have to stop to breathe at the end of the lane after just one length of the pool. I think I am ready to push it to do a whole lap without stopping.
    Didn't make buff, although I followed my training and did strength training, so that's ok. Got 197 minutes.
    I've logged in 320 days! :)
    Got my water.
    My food goal was not met, I will try again next week to limit my simple sugar intake to twice a week.
    I did my ocean swim, and plan to do it again every Thursday morning as often as possible. Will be doing laps again tomorrow.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 720 minutes for 5012 calories burnt
    Personal Goal: Yes i managed 4 gym sessions and a 3 peaks training hike
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): no I couldn't think of anything I needed to change.
    Variety is the Spice of Life: No, I had aimed to get more sleep which with me working the night shift and starting work at 5.30am every day just wasn't possible.
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 125

I'm pleased with some aspects of this week. I did really well with the gym and enjoyed my sessions. Felt good to be back where i needed to be and will look to do 3 sessions next week. I went for a hike which may have just been for 2 hours but it felt good and i will try for a hike next week as part of my personal goal. To add to that I'm going to try for over 700 minutes again. I didn't do anything for You are what you eat but that was until my fibre problem came up. So next week I will try to limit my daily Fibre intake to no more than 10g over per day. This is going to be really tricky as I really enjoy my fruit and my wholemeal foods. But as it's what's been causing my problems it's an issue i need to deal with. To add to this I'm going to try and up my water intake to 9 cups or 2.5 litres per day.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 385 minutes logged
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) no, I didn't do too well with avoiding the chocolate at work :(
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) Struggling daily with cutting my sugar intake.
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 90?

I did shake up my exercises a bit though, I played Wii this past week, Just Dance 2, tennis and bowling :)
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 115 min, just squeaked but for enthusiast
    Personal Goal: Yes I did my 3.5 mile run today. Well, at least 3.25 of it were running!
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): sort of! I had one doozy of a day but the rest were good.
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 150
  • Misterbigg37
    Misterbigg37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going for - Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise
    Last week was 280minutes - 3019 calories burned
    it's been over 60 days now and all is well...hit my first goal of 65 lbs lost. Now I'm on to the 90 lbs mark. Wish me luck. Nah, I don't need it...I'll do it, it's just a matter of time. Keep it guys and girls.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    logged 292 minutes of exercise.

Did not hit my goal of logging and completing my diary. I was doing good until the weekend hit and then it was all eating out and running around.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 225
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) YES!! I made more of an effort to support my friends and I hope that if you are my friend you felt the love :heart:
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) YES!! I stayed within my carbs 5/7 days per week, my goal was 3 days
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 140

Not my best week with exercise by far but I did take my calorie intake down by 300 and I had a super busy week. No more excuses though...time to get back in gear....on a good note I did break my over 4 week long plateau with weight loss this week :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    Logged 203 minutes of exercise this week. Did not make my goal of 360, but still a good week. Any exercise is better than no exercise.
    Accomplished my personal goal of three strength training and three cardio routines.
    Days logged in (35).