New

Options
bluered3038
bluered3038 Posts: 16 Member
HI, My name is Pat. I've been overweight all my life. Well my mom always said I wasn't overweight till I started school, so that is most of my life. I lost 75lb one time on Weight Watchers, but got sick, was put on high doses of prednisone and gained it all back and then some. Gaines 40lb in 1 month. I have crohns, so a lot I have to be carefule with and medication doesn't help. But I turned 61 this year and decided I could at least try to get under 200 lb.
I joined this group a few weeks ago, but just decided toget with it this week. So this is actually my 2nd day.
I don't want to lose fast, just .5-1 lb a week.

I go to an exercise class twice a week, called sit and fit. And basically it is for older people or people with problems and can't jump around and do aerobics. Most of the class is sitting in a chair, stretchin with bands, doing hand weights etc. THe second half, we do get up and walk in place and march in a circle. I don't know how to count it in my exercise. I put in low impact aerobics, but I don't think that is right.
I also take line dance lessons twice a week. Good, exercise, but you don't feel like you are exercising.
I guess I need to dust off my WII Fit for the rest of the week.

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi bluered and welcome to MFP. There is a group of us over 60 and I would love to have you as a pal. I will send you a friend request. It is difficult to do what is good for us when our bodies do not allow it!
  • Vnett
    Vnett Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and this group. My name is Vicki and I am 61 and 5 ft 1 in tall. I was too thin most of my life and then I hit menopause, early retirement, a move from most of my family and a shattered ankle. I've gained 50 + pounds over the last few years and am now trying to find my way back to my petite body of the past. The rebuilt ankle and tendinitis in both has made exercising somewhat difficult but the stories of those with greater problems is inspiring me to try harder to push past. I need friends and to be a friend in order to be encouraged and to give encouragement!
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi to the new ladies. Send me a friend request if you want. I have found in the last week that this group of ladies are great at supporting each other and help you stay motivated. Glad you are along for the journey.
  • PattySwenson
    PattySwenson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been here for about two months so I am still learning. These people are so helpful and encouraging. The best weight loss group ever!