Starting off right

Options
So I am new to the group and website. I was curious if anyone has happened to found a healthy grocery list? Pretty much a compilation of foods that no matter how you combine them, your still eating healthy and from there you can track your calories/weight loss. I find that i could be a little more dedicated to sticking to a healthy diet if I just had some direction of where to go with foods I'm buying.... Sure I get the obvious: veggies, fat free, low carb, etc. but I find that when I get home I don't know how to combine my ingredients for an actual meal lol I've looked at various meal plans and such but I find that I don't want to have to eat the same things day to day/week to week. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    We always start with the produce section of our grocery store that way we fill up most of the cart with fresh, low cal, rich in vitamins items before we even get to the isles that contain the 'nono foods'. We also do not go down the junk, frozen or pop isles unless something is specifically needed off the list (tortilla chips for taco salad for the kids etc), no browsing. Last of all we head to the bakery and again only get what's on our list. Two things that always seem to work is go with a specific list of items in mind (there are tons of links for example lists if you just google 'grocery list for healthy eating' and tamper with it to suit your taste buds. As well as start from the healthiest of your foods to the least that way you start off motivated that you are buying the right things. You'll be less likely to sneak that chocolate bar if you found a basket of perfectly ripe strawberries in produce.