Positives

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
For a change, what are some of the positives of online dating??????

For me, it is simply the selection.....I don't meet alot of guys otherwise......

Replies

• bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You don't always have to look presentable to meet guys online...can sit there in your skivvies while browsing. :drinker:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I like the guided conversation.
    Sometimes just meeting a guy at random, there's the question of what should you guys talk about.
  • NNAhuja
    Options
    You don't always have to look presentable to meet guys online...can sit there in your skivvies while browsing. :drinker:

Good one!
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Hmm well I suppose if you have poor people skills like me and communicate better through text it could be a plus.
    It may also be easier in some way when searching for people who most likely fit within your criteria and don't possess any deal breakers.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    It would be selection normally. Also its a place you know (well you atleast have a better chance) if someone is single and looking. In real life..I can't look at someone and know he's not married, and looking to date someone. Now online you can of course lie but I think the chance is they are single.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Makes it easier to send pics of my junk to hot girls.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    You can get some good screening information up front without having to ask.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options

lol
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Wait, I thought that's what MFP was for!?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

This isn't a dating site? That sure explains a lot.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I can post revealing pictures on them and then act offended when men send me inappropriate messages. :laugh:
  • NNAhuja
    Options
    I can post revealing pictures on them and then act offended when men send me inappropriate messages. :laugh:
    ROFL I can do that with MFP!!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options

This isn't a dating site? That sure explains a lot.

Doesn't mean you can't still send pics of your junk AND get a date! There are a lot of women losing weight on here, and that just messes with your hormones!

But seriously, I've talked to men I probably wouldn't have otherwise online. And moved through the process faster, hah....I've learned that it's extremely important to meet quickly! It's been a positive experience for me as long as I keep my head straight.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    The fact that everybody on there is looking for something. (it's up to you to decide what you're wanting)

The other day there was a HOT guy in Target. We did the goo goo eyes, even my sister watched him check me out while I walked by. I for sure thought he was going to come over to get my number. About a couple of minutes later, out comes his wife (he didn't have a ring.. She did AND a daughter). Meh.
    The other night at Walmart there was a hottie in the camping section. No ring but I can't (or won't) go up to a guy- way too shy. So yeah, online dating is easier since there are no guessing games.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I quite like emailing..........the first time I started talking to a guy online we exchanged 500+ emails before we finally met. It was an extraordinary experience. We bared our souls!

This was in 1999 though. I think things have moved on since then :huh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

:laugh: You can post on here if you like, we dont mind :bigsmile:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Being online allows me to meet many new people I wouldn't otherwise come across in daily life. Also, meeting all different kinds of guys is helping me see some of what's really important and what isn't.

For example, I went out last night with someone who actually weighed LESS than his profile. My heart sank. But we had such a good time and he was such a southern gentleman and you know what? He was so "manly" in his work and personality that in spite of his sleight build, I still felt feminine around him. And you all KNOW how I feel about wanting a bigger guy to avoid the Miss Piggy/Kermit the frog syndrome. So if I had never met this guy online, I might have forever dismissed the slender guys from my dating pool. Lol.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

:laugh: You can post on here if you like, we dont mind :bigsmile:

Uh, yeah...
  • NNAhuja
    Options
    The other day there was a HOT guy in Target. We did the goo goo eyes, even my sister watched him check me out while I walked by. I for sure thought he was going to come over to get my number. About a couple of minutes later, out comes his wife (he didn't have a ring.. She did AND a daughter). Meh.
    Guys that don't wear rings are HORRIBLE teases!!
  • NNAhuja
    Options
    ... the Miss Piggy/Kermit the frog syndrome...
    ROFLMBO!!! I've never heard it called this but it TOTALLY makes sense. :laugh: :laugh: :happy: