Positives

Options
2»

Replies

• Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    And you all KNOW how I feel about wanting a bigger guy to avoid the Miss Piggy/Kermit the frog syndrome.

Ha! Good one!

--P
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I quite like emailing..........the first time I started talking to a guy online we exchanged 500+ emails before we finally met. It was an extraordinary experience. We bared our souls!

This was in 1999 though. I think things have moved on since then :huh:

Speaking of 1999!!! I met this guy online when we were 15....I live in California and he lives in Ohio...been online friends ever since. He just got out of an 8 year relationship recently and I told him he needed a vacation and to come to Cali. LOL, I finally get to meet him in person tonight. Over a decade in the making!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I quite like emailing..........the first time I started talking to a guy online we exchanged 500+ emails before we finally met. It was an extraordinary experience. We bared our souls!

Speaking of 1999!!! I met this guy online when we were 15....I live in California and he lives in Ohio...been online friends ever since. He just got out of an 8 year relationship recently and I told him he needed a vacation and to come to Cali. LOL, I finally get to meet him in person tonight. Over a decade in the making!

That is awesome...hope it goes well..........
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    You don't always have to look presentable to meet guys online...can sit there in your skivvies while browsing. :drinker:

Yeah but you look good in them anyways :p
  • bruintamer
    Options
    You don't always have to look presentable to meet guys online...can sit there in your skivvies while browsing. :drinker:

Hey! How would you know.....
  • bruintamer
    Options

Gracias! He's a bit out of the dating loop and super shy. I'm gonna be his wingwoman. Muahhahaha a a a!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Hey! How would you know.....

The same way you know how I know :laugh:
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Good practice for initiating conversations. Granted it's a bit tougher at a bar or something because you weren't given a mile long list of things she likes to talk about. But it gives me plenty of ideas for conversation starters. Just pretend you've got a blank profile you need to fill out, all of those questions are perfectly good things to ask and talk about. Some of the more in depth questions on OKcupid are interesting and could provoke good chit chat too.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I have a few friends like that as well. Including the one that introduced me to MFP, we've known each other since 1997 but have never met.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Gracias! He's a bit out of the dating loop and super shy. I'm gonna be his wingwoman. Muahhahaha a a a!

How was it .....meeting him finally?
  • bruintamer
    Options

How was it .....meeting him finally?

It was good! No awkwardness or anything. Felt like I was meeting a long lost brother, haha. Took him to taco Tuesday and I drank a fair amount and ate too many tacos. :sad: Making him go hiking with me later. He might be on vacation but I still gotta get my workouts in.

Taking him to Santa Barbara tomorrow night to meet our other friend. Kind of weird situation because when we were 15, I introduced him to my friend and they started an online/phone bf/gf relationship but then she cheated on him and broke his heart. Their feelings were as real as it gets, I suppose, even though they were 15 and they never met in person. LOL. She considers him her first love though and had to ask her current bf for permission to meet this guy while he's in Cali...get closure, whatever they need to do. Smh. :noway: Hope it won't be awkward.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The other day there was a HOT guy in Target. We did the goo goo eyes, even my sister watched him check me out while I walked by. I for sure thought he was going to come over to get my number. About a couple of minutes later, out comes his wife (he didn't have a ring.. She did AND a daughter). Meh.
    Guys that don't wear rings are HORRIBLE teases!!

Some people can't wear rings due to their profession. My dad never wore one since he worked with electricity.