as much as I am afraid too.....

gaining weight on the reset I am going to have to surrender my fears of this and do the full reset. if any of you have done the full 8 week reset please add me!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I just ate at maintenance for a week and didn't gain a pound so you might be a lucky one!
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    I initially did a 40 day reset and my strategy was to just stay off the scale the whole time. The first day I weighed was the day after returning from vacation. I thought I had gained 3'ish pounds over the 40 days, but now I think that was water weight from flying and unhealthy eating for a week because they are coming back off pretty quickly. I've decided to do another 4-5 weeks at TDEE just because it feels like my body needs it - that and I didn't actually get all the way up to TDEE most of the first 40 days.

I highly recommend scale abstinence!!! :happy:
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    I plan on doing scale absence it will kill two birds with one stone
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    you know, if you had told me at the beginning of my reset that I would essentially gain about 6-7 pounds by doing it, I would have cried and given up. But gone through it, living it, and understanding more WHY I NEEDED to do it, those 6 pounds means nothing 8 weeks later...
    Forget the gains that will possibly come.. concentrate on feeding your body.. enjoying your food and yourself again..
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    yes I do need to learn how to do that and not obese over food or weight. as well as working out in excess doing multiple work outs a day. the question is how do i begin to love myself that is my biggest struggle
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    i have been doing maintanience for the past 2 months unintentionally because i wasnt tracking my calories correctly and i only gained 3 pounds. so dont be afraid