Help determining activity level please :)

candicejn
candicejn Posts: 458 Member
I want to do this right. So I need help figuring my activity level so I can figure my cut. I would appreciate any feedback you can offer :)

I currently do this:
M/W/F - 25 mins on the treadmill (5 min warm up, 15 min run/jog, 5 min cool down), then work my arms on my JMBodyShop (knockoff Total Gym) for about 20 mins. (I tried doing legs and my knees screamed for days after - made even walking hard, so for now I just use running for legs and then arms on the machine).
T/TH - 45 mins on the treadmill (5 min warm up, 30 - 35 min run/jog, 5 min cool down)

My burns usually end up between 250 - 300 per day (I use a Polar HRM to measure). Would this be moderate? I know I see people with burns 3 or 4 times that, so I don't want to overestimate. Oh, and for the rest of my day - I'm a SAHM to 2 boys under 7. We try to keep pretty busy, so I don't sit down a ton.

Thank you!! I did my current cut from lightly active (put me at 2,000), but I figured I should go ahead and get this figured right so I can do it all right from the start. It would put me at about 2,200 if I use the moderate modifier.

Thank you for reading :)

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Did you use the scooby calculator? It is based on number of hours you work out, so you just select your activity level based on that.

It sounds like you should be moderate.
  • candicejn
    Did you use the scooby calculator? It is based on number of hours you work out, so you just select your activity level based on that.

I'll go check it out now, thank you!

Ok, I had done that, just using lightly active to get the 2,000 I set myself to yesterday. I get 2,200 if I use moderate. Guess I will be going up a couple hundred more...

Scary!!!! :D
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member

Ok, I had done that, just using lightly active to get the 2,000 I set myself to yesterday. I get 2,200 if I use moderate. Guess I will be going up a couple hundred more...

Scary at first but YAY more food!!

I get 300 extra cals for nursing and I am going to be so sad when I lose those. I can't even think of what I would want to cut out.
  • candicejn

Scary at first but YAY more food!!

I get 300 extra cals for nursing and I am going to be so sad when I lose those. I can't even think of what I would want to cut out.

YAY for sure :D I just have to work on picking the RIGHT foods now.

Thank you for your help!