Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Options
Hi skeptics. Minx On a Stick has launched this discussion group for a reason which I fully support:
Let skeptics come out as doubters, as people who think the Latest Easy Diet-Weight-Loss-Super-Fat-Blast-Exercise-Program is garbage.
Let us come out as people who know eating moderately and eating well and doing sweaty exercising regularly is a Good Thing. Everybody should sweat a little every day and not just from living in a hot place--get up and move! If you want to lose weight, use more energy than you take in. It's easiest if you take in healthy stuff like a full-on farmers market shopping basket.

I'll come out first: I'm a vegetarian who eats almost all fresh veggies and beans and fruits and grains prepared in ways that only I as a fabulous amateur cook can do. I do buy tofu, cheese, soy milk, dry pasta, and rye crackers which are processed, but otherwise I very rarely buy processed foods. And I definitely do not drink packaged beverages: sodas, fruit drinks, sweetened teas, etc. I drink water from my filter and the beer that I make. And fruit juices that I squeeze from my trees, Those last two are indulgences; I could do w/ just water if I had to give anything up.

But it doesn't come to that--I've never had to stop drinking beer, or juice from my fruit trees (or fruits from the grocery store for crissakes). Enjoying life is the best--eat, drink, be merry, sweat your *kitten* off, enjoy the view from the top of the mountain that nobody else gets, and celebrate.

What diet book is going to tell you that? Find exciting ways to burn off more than the exciting things you take in, and you'll lose weight--and you'll experience excellent stuff.