No wonder!!

HeidiHoMom
HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
So my day is not even over yet and the fitbit says I have burned almost 2700 calories, I know it will be over 2800 by midnight which means when I was eating 1200 calories I had like a 1600 calorie deficit! No wonder I was not losing weight and having all kinds of digestive issues.

The fitbit has really made me confident in the amount that I am burning. Even without my weight workout tonight I would have burned at least 2400 cals.

Replies

• meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    That's great! I can't wait to get my FitBit (will get in a week on my birthday) and get a better picture of my daily burn. What are you using to estimate your burn during weight workouts? I'm debating whether I should get a HRM just for that purpose. I know I work hard, but have no idea what I'm burning with NROLFW,
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    That's exactly why I love my BMF!! It takes all the guess work out of the equation!!!
  • NewInnerStrength
    NewInnerStrength Posts: 25 Member
    That's crazy! Now I really REALLY want a BMF!!!!... I am pretty comfortable eating 2400 cals a day now...but after everything I've learned, I think I burn more than that on my 'rest' days, "taking the guesswork out of the equation" sounds great to me!
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    I haven't synced mine yet but just going off the tracker itself the last two days I was surprised to find I've been pretty spot-on with what I had worked out going by NROLFW method. 19-21k range. Sweet! Love this thing already! I'm at 12,047 steps for today and it's 11:15 pm-ish. Not bad.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    It's amazing to actually see it right there how much our bodies are using isn't it? Thinking back several years ago when I tried to eat under 800 cals I can't believe what I was doing to myself. At the time I thought I had it sussed. Now I wish I could go back and treat my body better.

Yesterday was my first full day wearing my fitbit too. It's so great to know I'm eating the right amount now. Even with all the calculations and understanding the science there was still a little devil on my shoulder telling me I'm eating too much, I'll gain weight, etc. etc. Now I know for sure I'm on the right track - yesterday I burned 2696 and ate 2307 = 389 cal deficit. Actually I could have eaten a little more to make my deficit nearer 250 cal, but once I get more readings I can start going off averages.
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    It is amazing how much we take how our body works for granted. Then we get these techy little gadgets to find out how much we did not know. :) I can't wait to get my BMF tomorrow!!! I am hoping I have not been too far off...
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    That's great! I can't wait to get my FitBit (will get in a week on my birthday) and get a better picture of my daily burn. What are you using to estimate your burn during weight workouts? I'm debating whether I should get a HRM just for that purpose. I know I work hard, but have no idea what I'm burning with NROLFW,

I just use the MFP calorie estimation for weight lifting. HRMs are not good for weight lifting either. I figure the estimation for weights on MFP looks pretty good and if it is off a bit overall it won't be a large amount. Weight lifting doesn't burn that many calories while you're doing it.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116

I just use the MFP calorie estimation for weight lifting. HRMs are not good for weight lifting either. I figure the estimation for weights on MFP looks pretty good and if it is off a bit overall it won't be a large amount. Weight lifting doesn't burn that many calories while you're doing it.

Thank you. I was aware that the calorie burn wasn't too high, but didn't realize there was a MFP estimate for it. Looks like I've been estimating pretty accurately.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    What's really an eye opener are those 'rest' days that your BMF tells you you burn MORE than on a day you worked out! I've had several of those....this has brought me to the conclusion that when I don't work out, I have lots of energy to do other things! lol

Having a BMF has been awesome!