Did your forearms hurt when you were doing the Push Phase?

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
Hey all,

I'm doing the Push phase right now and I'm going much heavier than I did in the Burn circuit but....I'm noticing my forearms are beginning to hurt when I'm lifting.

Not sure if it's my form or what but has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I only did the first week of the push phase before cutting back for a month but I do know that Chalene says to not grip the bar too hard b/c it will cause your forearms to get sore from it...She says to kind of hold them lightly - with enough pressure to hold it but don't grip it....Could that be the issue since you are lifting heavier maybe you are gripping the weights tighter than before??
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    It's possible but I try to pay attention to my grip, as she's always reminding you to pay attention to that. But I'll try to pay special attention to it next time to be sure that isn't the issue. Thanks for responding!!
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did. I lifted considerably heavier & my forearms ached. I made sure I didn't overgrip, but they still hurt.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Well, it's good to know I'm not the only who has experienced this!! They still hurt today! Guess I have weak forearms...LOL!!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mine hurt too, when I started CLX my forearms must have been weak, they would tire before my legs when doing lower body exercises. I wasn't over gripping just holding the heavy weights did a number on my forearms. It took 2 weeks for them to get stronger and now all is ok, hopefully the same will happen for you.