Gold's Gym Adjustable Weights

Options
MichelleRenee13
MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
Is anyone or has anyone used these weights for CLX?

For those that completed the program, did you need more than 25lbs?

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/12441626/golds-gym-25-lb-adjustable-weight-speed-pack-reviews/reviews.htm

Thanks!

Michelle

Replies

• klrmumbles
    klrmumbles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have not used those particular weights. I am in the push phase right now (where you lift the most weight) and the highest weight I use for anything is 17.5. I believe I haven't even noticed Chalene going above 25 for any of the exercises. So I think you would be good with those.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I don't have the weights you mentioned....I use my husband's Power Blocks. I'm in the Push phase right now and I've been doing 30 lbs when doing any of the lower body moves and around 20 on the upper body moves.

I guess it depends on how heavy you think you might go. She really wants you to push yourself hard, esp in the push phase so depending on what you're lifting now, you may need more than 25 lb weights.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I tried to view the price but WalMart says they are unavailable. I used a set of ProForm selectable weights and they were fine for me. Check Craigslist or Amazon also for selectable weights.

Good luck :)
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I can only afford the 25lb adjustable weights, atm and the Gold's Gym are the most affordable. I guess I will have to improvise if I need heavier weights during the Push phase.
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think those would be fine. You really only need the heavy weights for a few exercises (squats, and possibly rows/deadlifts) and 25 will probably do it relatively well if you focus on the muscle and work on having perfect form.
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was just checking out prices online. Wow they are a bit pricey. I think I will stick with the resistance bands. I already have the red from slim in 6 and now I have the green too.